SR20 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:
Has anyone seen the new december issue of turbo? Im curious because they feature a S14 with a S15 front end conversion. They state that this car has a 98 spec SR20DET, so S14, but lookin at the pics, I swear its no S14 motor, more S13 SR20DET. Anyone else notice this? I say S13 because of the intake manifold. Anyone with pics from a S14 SR20, that'd be helpful.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont think you and me are talking about the same car. This is a black S14 not silver. Its Enkei's car and is running a HKS GT2530 turbo. But thanks anyways

·
Registered
62 Posts
It's pretty easy to tell, if it's an S14 motor the plenum is on top with intake runners curving down, if it's S13 then plenum is at bottem with intake runners coming up, both have a blacktop. Without seeing the engine I suspect TX180SX has it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
This is what a S14 SR20DET looks like (and an S15 for that matter). The S13 180sx after '94 had the same rocker cover but the old manifold.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I think TX180SX is right, could be a 98 motor from a 180SX. But definitely not S14 SR20DET. And Greaser, I'm sure its no KA. If anyone picks up this mag, take a look at it. Thanks for the input peeps.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Greaser said:
That motor in that silver car is an S13 motor. GT2540 turbo. runs like 12.3's on 18's
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Rob Cadle claims that turbo is a pile of crap. Wow.

I'm glad to be building a nice lightweight S13. :D After the bumper supports come out, the race buckets go in, the AC comes out, and all the other foo foo stuff and sound material, if the car doesn't check in at 2550 I'm going to get the hole saw out. :D

So...same weight as my SE-R but with RWD and fat tires out back. Oh God, this going to be fun.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Those are some pretty pics. The car that Olay180 is talking about is a Black S14 with an S15 front end conversion. It's got a S13 blacktop installed in it. It is just stock except for some minor bolt on's, and yes, it is owned by a guy at Enkie.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Actually it says that it's built with HKS internals. I hate the front bumper though. And the rims suck. And the interior is ugly. Damn I think I hate the whole car. :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hehehehe.... It's actually a nice looking car. But I really don't know what all they've put in it. I know they picked some stuff from Boostfactor though..... I don't know if they actually used it on that car or not. But they did pick up some stuff the guys had laying around.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts