SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Decided to paint my wheels [PICS]..... UPDATE!! PIC ON CAR!

On Sunday, so I am now. SE-R rims going gunmetal w/ polished lip. Did 1 so far, and I love them! It just takes forever to get all the paint off the lip, and I was using a dremel too. Here are some pics:

Started out like this:

Prepped and ready for paint after I stripped the paint off the lip:

After 1st coat:

After done and dry:

Finished product:

Its all in imagestation, so hopefully the pics will show. If not, you can see these pics and a few more from the album here: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287606935&congratulation_page=Y

Let me know what you guys think!!

·
No soup for you
2,266 Posts
Nice job man. Post some pics on the car when you get finished.

John

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
Damn those look good man! I'm diggin the color man!

-Josh

·
Registered
746 Posts
what did you prep the tires with so the paint wont get on the them?

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
REDLINEse-r said:
what did you prep the tires with so the paint wont get on the them?

Well, I polished the lip so I jsut took that blue painters tape and very carefully went around the lip with it, so it would make a straight line. Then I jsut did big strips of the same tape on the side walls.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mr SE-R said:
WHAT ARE YOU DOING PAINTING YOUR WHEELS ON THE KITCHEN? Your wife is going to kill you :tongue: :D , just kidding.

My friend, your wheels look nice! Good job :)

LOL, what wife?!?! :eek: :D Im only 18, in college, still live with my parents lol. I painted them in the garage, then brought it into the kitchen to finish polishing the lip and for pics :). Its sitting in my living room right now.

Thanks for everyones thoughts!

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Crono1321 said:
OMG those wheels are teh hotness! I am gonna copy you right now!

Justin

Copy-cat! :tongue:

Man, I didnt know you could see my foot in that pic... I cant se it anymore anyways, I got paint all over them!

·
No D E T.
1,436 Posts
those wheels will look HOT on white. good job, is that duplicolor gunmetal wheel paint? (i hate the way that paint lays, looks like a good finish tho)

get up some pics when your done.

·
-John-
690 Posts
I've wanted wheels like that forever I just haven't found a set of B14 wheels at the right price or time. I originally was going to do it to the B13 wheels but I'd rather get 15's first. They look even better than I imagined, congrats.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
honkeybizkit said:
those wheels will look HOT on white. good job, is that duplicolor gunmetal wheel paint? (i hate the way that paint lays, looks like a good finish tho)

get up some pics when your done.
Tell me about it man, I jsut put my 2 fronts on!!! Its PIMP! Yes, it is the Duplicolor wheel paint. The paint seemed to go on fine. Thanks for the compliment!

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nismo654 said:
I've wanted wheels like that forever I just haven't found a set of B14 wheels at the right price or time. I originally was going to do it to the B13 wheels but I'd rather get 15's first. They look even better than I imagined, congrats.

Actually, I am contemplating buying a new set of 16s or 17s now. I am torn whether I want to keep these one, my silver set i have, or go for some new 16s, maybe some Rota grids gunmetal w/polished lip, or some sub zero's maybe. I dunno. I really like how these look on my car now. Thanks man!

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
justin, you need to come down to my house, and if you help me paint my wheels like that, you can tear whatever you want off my parts car and keep it, well maybe not whatever you want. but you can have those clips and stuff.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SR20 in the 200 said:
justin, you need to come down to my house, and if you help me paint my wheels like that, you can tear whatever you want off my parts car and keep it, well maybe not whatever you want. but you can have those clips and stuff.

Its a deal!! LOL, you are the 2nd person that wants me to do this now!! I thought of a couple extra pieces I need if you havent used them already also.

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
Can't go wrong with graphite B14 SE-R wheels :D

BTW: What did you do to prep your wheels besides the masking? I gotta redo mine sometime this year :(

1 - 20 of 43 Posts