SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I have just bought a Nissan NX-R, which came with it's very own dent.
It's not really a big dent and people have told me that I would be able to remove it myself.
I would like to try doing this, though have no idea how. I have looked on the internet for tips/help/tutorials, though could find none.

I was wondering if someone could please offer me help/pointers/tips to get rid of this dent or give me some idea of whether this task is going to be hard or not.
The dent can clearly be seen in the photo below (left fender).

Any help is appreciated.

·
Enjoy the GTR Matt!
3,716 Posts
Man, you've got great timing.

I had a huge dent and a small one like yours, and I was scared of messing up the paint so I left it alone. Yesterday I just went ahead and tried, it came out very easily. Just reach your hand up inside the fender well and use your thumb to press the dent back out, starting from the edge working your way back to the center. It went very easily, like molding play-dough for me.

Follow that up with the dry-ice trick, I'm doing that part tonight to get the very small remaining indentations out.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Thats a great looking egg (aside from the dent :) ) We never received that darker blue color here in the US. Please post more pics of it when you get a chance.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
there is a dark blue one by me, the guy brought it from Germany. He bought it overseas when he was in the marines and loved it so much he brought it back. It looks good in that dark dark blue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers R0b_, I'm going to try do it today, so i'll let you know how it turns out.

Heres a few more pics of my car. I've only had it about 2 weeks, but have some plans for it in the near future.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
herm, it seems i can't just reach up to get to the fender, as it's all blocked off. Does this mean i'll have to remove the fender? Is it a difficult task?

·
Registered
312 Posts
nope not at all, dont remove the fender, just remove the wheel well. Black plastic held on by a few clips around the edge of the fender.

·
Registered
295 Posts
If you get a long enough object you can open the door and pry the dent out. I don't recommend it though unless you have a strong enough object (it could break if its too weak). Also, don't use anything too large, because you might actually bulge the dent too far out like I did. Best of luck and welcome aboard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts