SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting a jap spec 93 bluebird(altima) but the car s mileage is 95,000 miles
the engine still sounds strong...are there anythings I should check out with the engine and transmission in particular when making a final decision about buying? thanx

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Texasbanger:
I'm thinking of getting a jap spec 93 bluebird(altima) but the car s mileage is 95,000 miles
the engine still sounds strong...are there anythings I should check out with the engine and transmission in particular when making a final decision about buying? thanx
</font>
Just listen for rod knock. Thats basically our only weak link.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what would cause that? worn out rod bearings due to bad lubrication?

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Bad lubrication can cause it, but not changing the oil for a long time can do the same. Are you getting the motor or the car? You post wasn't clear as to which. If you are getting the motor, then replace the bearings.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
Registered
883 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Texasbanger:
</font>

Well, I would only get it if it was around $200 or so. You can get one with 35k or less, with a warranty for about $650 shipped. Just my opinion though.

------------------

Kris94G20™
"clears and stickers, the best bang for your buck"
The Beginning.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's a complete car, auto tranny, just wondering if this specific model is reliable concerning the electronics and engine, tranny. etc..anythings that would start to go out around the 100,000 mile mark.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts