SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
I need me SE-R
Joined
·
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm selling the Stillen and I'm interested in designing a better one. But, I know nothing. I'm just funding it. Since my brother's getting a car soon, I'm going to start gutting my car and building it *hardcore*. Mike's always saying he can design a better one. So what's needed?

From what little I know, I'm thinking a 4-1? Seems like that new VE header coming out should be good.

I've seen a HotShot and nearly shitted when I seen the pipes were so huge (compared to my Stillen). So I was wondering, if the pipes were big like HotShot, would it out perform?

I should have around 6-700 for this right now. I'm thinkin I might need more. Any tips, or anyone wanna do one with me funding it?

Jason
 

·
I need me SE-R
Joined
·
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now that Ive been thinking of it, I think I might build some kind of side exit header just for the track.

I realized that I want to still drive this thing daily, but I also wanna woop ass at the track. I dunno what the regulations are on this. I'll prolly have to sign up for different events. Since its not fully muffled.


And...Andreas doesn't talk to me. I don't know why, I thought I was being a good customer. I think he's just mad that I returned something to him. Musta hurt his gay as ego. I give props to him, but ****...it's not my fault he doesn't know how to weigh a flywheel before selling it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,202 Posts
mYseRgOesvrOOm said:
So, I'm selling the Stillen and I'm interested in designing a better one. But, I know nothing. I'm just funding it. Since my brother's getting a car soon, I'm going to start gutting my car and building it *hardcore*. Mike's always saying he can design a better one. So what's needed?

From what little I know, I'm thinking a 4-1? Seems like that new VE header coming out should be good.

I've seen a HotShot and nearly shitted when I seen the pipes were so huge (compared to my Stillen). So I was wondering, if the pipes were big like HotShot, would it out perform?

I should have around 6-700 for this right now. I'm thinkin I might need more. Any tips, or anyone wanna do one with me funding it?

Jason
I'll be working with Hotshot on a new header soon. Its going to be patented too.

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,035 Posts
I'd have to concur with what was said earlier - designing a custom header would all depend on your motor's setup and what kind of gains you were looking for.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,202 Posts
2xSE-R said:
I'd have to concur with what was said earlier - designing a custom header would all depend on your motor's setup and what kind of gains you were looking for.
Its going to have a couple of variations, for a bolt on motor and for a heavily modifed motor.

Mike
 

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
Joined
·
1,664 Posts
mysergoesvroom: Save your money for something else, I'd hate for you to get one together and it not make the same or more power than a HotShot header. Or even worse, less power than your old $tillen. The research is already there and it's proven. Why reinvent the wheel?

I'm sure to begin with Hot Shot just tried different ideas, welds up a version, bolts it in a car and dyno's it. Who knows how many versions they go through before they call it a day! There's only so much you can plan with theory and math....

I'm not shooting down your idea, but with a limited budget, I'd spend the money on something else like cams and some cam gears for fine tuning, or better yet, why not build a fresh, new intake? that would be a cheaper alternative to build and test vs. a header...

Just my $.02

* Edited for grammer and punctuation :tongue:
 

·
I need me SE-R
Joined
·
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, with what Mike said...screw it. I'll just wait til he gets the new one to come out! Shoot...now I got 700bucks to spend. Hmm...Cams? :D

And I got a new intake coming already. Biggest mistake selling that thing :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,035 Posts
choaderboy2 said:
Its going to have a couple of variations, for a bolt on motor and for a heavily modifed motor.

Mike

That's cool - the more quality options the better. I've been looking for a used AEBS to use with nitrous, but I might just wait around until some of these new header designs come out.
Will there be a 4-2-1 and 4-1 design for mild motors and extreme motors or will it be soley - 4-2-1 for mild and 4-1 for extreme?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,202 Posts
2xSE-R said:
That's cool - the more quality options the better. I've been looking for a used AEBS to use with nitrous, but I might just wait around until some of these new header designs come out.
Will there be a 4-2-1 and 4-1 design for mild motors and extreme motors or will it be soley - 4-2-1 for mild and 4-1 for extreme?
Due to threats of some list members to copy the design, patent it and lock me out of my own design, I am not posting any technical details on this until its actualy patented.

I think Hotshot will also come out with bigger diameter collectors to upgrade the older headers as well.

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,928 Posts
choaderboy2 said:
Due to threats of some list members to copy the design, patent it and lock me out of my own design, I am not posting any technical details on this until its actualy patented.
I think I know who you're talking about.

I'd be willing to bet he probably works for OBX too.


I think Hotshot will also come out with bigger diameter collectors to upgrade the older headers as well.

Mike
Any idea of how long before the new header and/or upgraded collector will be released?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,673 Posts
choaderboy2 said:
I'll be working with Hotshot on a new header soon. Its going to be patented too.

Mike
Mike, If you need any help I have a friend who's a patent lawyer at the US patent office. Just let me know.

-Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,035 Posts
choaderboy2 said:
Due to threats of some list members to copy the design, patent it and lock me out of my own design, I am not posting any technical details on this until its actualy patented.


Mike

That's a shame. It's to bad that there's people out there like that.
 

·
I need me SE-R
Joined
·
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good thing one of them was banned last night. I hope you guys didn't see what he posted. Since Im on 24/7 I reported it ASAP. Good thing...what a dipshit. I don't care about the technical data. Just give us a heads up when it's about to come out! :D:D. So we can start saving $$.

Jason
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,202 Posts
Subculture said:
I think I know who you're talking about.

I'd be willing to bet he probably works for OBX too.




Any idea of how long before the new header and/or upgraded collector will be released?
Just gonna start this week, bunch of testing etc. to go. I won't comment on the time.

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,591 Posts
What are the baseline numbers for a current gen 5 HS Header with S4's?

*edited because my keyboard sucks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,928 Posts
gottabfast said:
What are the baseline numbers for a current gen 5 HS Header with S4's?
Well with a PRI CAI, HS Gen5 HS, JWT S3Cams, UR pullies, 2/14"exhaust my car is putting out 151HP to the wheels. 11HP more than it was making with the Stillen Gen2 header.
 
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Top