SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
95NismoB14grl
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a head from a DET with a broken cam holddown :eek: ...Can i take the vavles out of the DET head and use them in my DE head with no mods :confused: ??? Also is the vavle springs better??? Thanks for the info

Tom ;) :D

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
I don't know about the valve springs, but I have an incling there is no difference.

The only difference between the DET valves and the DE valves is that the exhaust valves are filled with sodium. Therefore, the exhaust valve stems are 1mm larger than the DE exhaust valves. You'll need KA24DE valve seals to fit around the larger DET exhaust valves.

·
95NismoB14grl
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would you put the vavles in??? Is it recommended??? And no difference in cams correct?

·
95NismoB14grl
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
because the cap for the cam is snapped. It doesnt look like it had oil pressure up top. I think the passages where clogged to the head...the bottom end may be good still, i'll find out soon as im taking it apart

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I might be wrong(have been before) but I'm pretty shure the valve guides are different sizes.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I dont think it was the cam that snapped I think it was just a cap. If thats the case, why not just replace the cap and get the DET head flushed and cleaned if you think its clogged somehow? With 2 spare heads lying around, I have plenty of cam caps if you need one.

·
Registered
100 Posts
DET and DE have different valve stems as well. you can not use DET valves in a DE head w/o changing the guides and seals. also DET guides do not go into the DE head. you have to get really custom with it...at least thats how it is for FR heads adn FF guides/valves

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.