SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys i just purchased a sr20det u12 from venus auto... and my question is, i pulled off the stock plastic intake from the t25 turbo and there was oil in the intake and alittle around the blades? what does this mean is it blown or something, and if not why is there oil in there, i know its got a constant bead of oil but i dont think it should leak much if at all. the oil is fresh its not black its a nice color.

thanks guys!!

·
just workin'
1,345 Posts
its either blow by or more than likely the seals in the turbo are on the way out. so leak a little for a while so see how it goes before you run out and have it rebuilt, unless you are the very picky type like me

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
If anything is wrong dont count on Venus to help you with it....

·
Proud father of two
1,236 Posts
Probably just blow-by from the PCV system. My stock DET was the same way. I cleaned it out and it was fine.

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok this cantttt be good !! guys i pulled the top mount off last night.. and i knoww this isnt right i looked down into the turbo from the cold side, and its a ****in oil gully!! its got about 3in of oil chillin. if i would have started that engine without looking i would have fillllled my intercooler with oil. about a 1/4 quart of it.... so you guys think i have a blown seal???

and yea venus will help me because i pointed this out to them and they said if theres any problem we can give you another t25 for free or i can pick out another motor... they have avenirs too ! but there 1500, i would have got a u13 but every u13 was turbo less and jackkkedd looking, like wholes in the valve covers and ****, just bannged around.

what do you guys think (i will really feel like an idiot if this is somewhat normal during shipping or something)

thanks
jake

·
Registered
777 Posts
Take a avenier T25 anyways.

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i know ive asked this before but why is the avenir t25 better? i know its mounted differnt, but how can i tell the differnce, i can go pick up one if i know? and is the avenir block any differnt than the u12, like does the u12 have oil squirters... i have heard people say u12s dont but ive also heard diff... is the turbo system the only thing better on the avenir or the u13's

·
I look good going slow
1,161 Posts
they're all the same at the end of the day. avenir w10 black valve cover same as u13 otherwise, w11 avenir silver valve cover ball bearing turbo newest sr20det out.

avenirs are more expensive because they are newer.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Ball Bearing is your answer.

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
guys i said **** it! im going in two days to drop off the u12 and pick up a silver top its 600 mmore though... if its a silver top its forsure ball bearings and atleast 98 am i right??? because i already have the turbo numbers in hand so when i go down there im going to run them and make sure its the ballbearing. and please all you gurus, what are some things i neeed to know about the avenir and things to check before i go !!??

thanks soo much guys!

p.s as far as installing goes how much diff is the avenir than the u12? comp? blah blah

jake

·
I look good going slow
1,161 Posts
my advice to you is this. Remove every intake piping to turbo so you can visually see and touch the turbine wheel.
Once you can see the turbines on all the DETs in the shop spin and pull on all the wheels.
By touching and spining them you yourself will be able to determine which is in best condition.

Thats how I chose mine.

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
Good to hear that venus is actually helping you. I have seen a couple of my good friends get screwed over by those basterds....

-Josh

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i know ive heard! but there right there so i couldt resist! going through there shop is soooo fun though... i feel like a kid in a candy store!!! because they dont even know where there own **** is... and they sell **** cheap...

but i did check for shaft play opn my u12 and it has non and turns nicelyy ! but i dont care i want avenir... and i dont care if it sits sence i just got pulled over for speeding anyways! thats number 6! im screewwwedd

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
and they sell stuff like they have never been online to se how much its going for! im going to start slangin stuff from them!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts