SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody here install a DET into their b14? Im about to partake in the journy to boost. Any little tips or tricks that made the job easier? I have the new SCC and the read the writeup on the G20. Obviously there should be some minor differences in between the cars. So any tips would be appreciated. Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
the only problem i had was drilling out my flywheel for the larger crank bolts in my gti-r. as far as it going right in, its a sinch. just send out your ecu to jwt to have it remapped and use your existing harness off your sr20de motor and everythign will go very smooth. get the parts you need ahead of time like clutch, motor mounts, fmic and piping, downpipe and exahust, injectors and other necessities.

jimmy
1996 200sx gti-r motor
http://www.eiptuning.com/projects/200sxser1stpage.html

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sup Irwin, its Aaron from the bay. What year engine did you get? I tried emailing you but I guess you didn't get it. I have probs on my rear GC that I just got. Need help. Hit me up, will talk later.

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sup man! yeah just Email me at [email protected] and I should get it. I had my old E-mail addy on here for a while so I never got any of my emails. but yeah I'll get in touch with you....As far as year of the motor....don't know...I have everything all ready to go but haven't officially placed the order. Last time I talked to Chris at SR20developement he said they don't go off year or mileage..they pull the motors apart and go off that....I would order my motor today but I don't know where or when its gonna get installed. I trying to figure that out before I have that thing sent out this way.

·
Simian Rex
890 Posts
There's a local guy here in KC that has a Bluebird DET in his 200SX; can't recall the year off the top of my head, but it's pre-OBD-II, which means '95, right?

Anyway, he says it went in pretty much as-is, except that he used a Starion/Conquest FMIC. If you ask me, he should have had the tanks on his IC changed for bigger pipes, but you didn't ask.

He rolled a 196/205 (HP/TQ) at the wheels with no tuning. Pretty rockin', if you ask me, which you didn't. ;)

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies guys! Yeah Im thinking of just letting SR20 do the install...that way I know everything is being done correctly. But yeah still haven't finalized my decsion so if anybody know someone here in N. Cali thats competant to do the swap. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Soopastank said:
Thanks for the replies guys! Yeah Im thinking of just letting SR20 do the install...that way I know everything is being done correctly. But yeah still haven't finalized my decsion so if anybody know someone here in N. Cali thats competant to do the swap. Thanks guys!
I'm planning on dropping a BB DET in soon too. Just have to rack in the dough. I'm making a lot of sacrifices, and so far, money is flowing in pretty good. I was gonna drive down to SD and let SR20 do the swap too. They told me it'll take four days for the whole swap. I'm also looking for alternatives. Any shops at all that has experience doing DET swaps?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts