SR20 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm looking for a place where I can get a DET installed in the washington DC or metro area, any recommendations?

·
Registered
429 Posts
I think eiptuning.com can do it for you, there is somebody here that is working with them with a GTi-R DET.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, I'll check em out they only seem to be about an hour or two away from me, which isn't too bad for a good cause.

Nick

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
yeah the guys from eip can help you out. but you will only need the garage your buddy has for like 1 weekend. i did my swap in less than a day. but yeah, eip in westminister will do it for you. they also have alot of parts just for our cars now also.

jimmy
1996 200sx gti-r motor
http://www.eiptuning.com/projects/200sxser1stpage.html

·
Bad Banana
1,411 Posts
EIP sucks! My buddy ordered a turbo kit for his 99' 2.0 Golf in May, and every week since then they have said either there is a backorder on turbos (T3) or they recieved the turbos and they need a week (yeah right) to compile the kit.

They wouldn't return his deposit (500 usd), so he threatened them with the BBB and they basically laughed at him.

All they're concerned about is making a profit, not customer service. You'd think a big business like EIP would run their business a little more respectively, wouldn't you?

Be careful with them,

Dave Mandic
'93 NX2000

P.S. He's still waitng for the turbo!!

·
Bad Banana
1,411 Posts
One more thing. Eip originally told my friend it would take 7-10 days to get the complete kit to his door.

Dave Mandic
'93 NX2000

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
yeah they are bad with time that is for sure. you have to stay on them about that kind of stuff. they are not really concerned with profit, trust me i have partied with rich at his house, and it is just a apartment. every penny he makes he puts it back into the business. if your buddy had a vr6, then that would be a different story. that is what they care about and is their money maker, the vr6. but as far as time goes that is what i hate about them, but i am on the east coast, and they deal with special application installs, too bad i don't live in cali or az.

jimmy
1996 200sx gti-r motor

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the heads up guys, I'll keep that in mind when Im ready to swap in about a month or so.
Nick

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jbanach77:
hey drop me a e mail and if you want, hopefully i have my car in the road by then, i can swing down and give you a hand if you do decide to do it yourself at your friends house.

[email protected]

jimmy
1996 200sx gti-r motor
</font>
okay thanks man I can always use an extra hand, I'll let you know when I'll be financially ready(probably in 1-2 months). And I hope things work out for you too.
Thanks again,
Nick

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
cool, a month or two should be more than enough time for all my jun head parts to get in,and to assemble everything. and might have mileage to take you for a spooled up ride. yeah, i would be more than happy to give you a hand installing or trouble shooting somthing out with you. just have some munchies and drinks around to take care of the hunger, ya know what i mean. lol

jimmy
1996 200sx gti-r motor

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jbanach77:
cool, a month or two should be more than enough time for all my jun head parts to get in,and to assemble everything. and might have mileage to take you for a spooled up ride. yeah, i would be more than happy to give you a hand installing or trouble shooting somthing out with you. just have some munchies and drinks around to take care of the hunger, ya know what i mean. lol

jimmy
1996 200sx gti-r motor
</font>
no doubt baby, I'm all about eatin snacks and gettin fat!!lol anyway thats the least I can do for that kind of favor.
Thanks,
Nick

·
Bad Banana
1,411 Posts
EIP called my friend with the Golf last week telling him the turbo kit was ready for shipment so my friend said he's coming to Baltimore for business on Monday and he'll pick it up then. His business trip got delayed so he called Friday to see if it was ready to be picked up this weekend, and they told him yes, it was waiting for him complete. Friday night at 9:00 pm he left Kitchener Ontario, drove till 4 am, stopped at a hotel, then drove another 3 hours to EIP's shop. He walked in, told them who he was, and guess what they said?.....IT'S NOT READY!!! WTF???????

Those bastards made him drive 9 hours one way for nothing!!!! 5 ****ing months of waiting and nothing!! All they gave him was the turbo and manifold. No piping, chip, oil lines, blowoff valve, etc. $2500 USD for a tiny turbo and manifold?? Who knows when they'll send the rest of the stuff, 5 more months?? The guy he talked to on the phone saying the turbo is ready denies telling him that.

I'm telling you man, stay as far away from EIP as you can. They're nothing but crooks.

A pissed off friend of a very very pissed off friend,

Dave Mandic
'93 NX2000

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Man Im so sorry to hear that about your friend. Hope he didn't kill nobody cuz I think I would if they waste that much of my time for nothing.
Anyway, thanks for the warning I'll definitely stay away from those guys. This is like the 3rd time I heard ill stuff about EIP.
thanks,
Nick

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by yw192000:
Hey guys I'm looking for a place where I can get a DET installed in the washington DC or metro area, any recommendations?</font>
Rosen Autosport in Richmond has done a few DET swaps, if you're willing to bring your car down there. http://www.rosenautosport.com

------------------
'93 Sentra SE-R, daily driver and track/autox toy
'91 Sentra SE-R, future racecar

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hey, do they supply a DET or do I have to bring my own? and if anybody knows how much they charge for an install I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks,
Nick

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by yw192000:
hey, do they supply a DET or do I have to bring my own? and if anybody knows how much they charge for an install I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks,
Nick
</font>
Don't know how much they charge, but they can get the engine.

------------------
'93 Sentra SE-R, daily driver and track/autox toy
'91 Sentra SE-R, future racecar

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by slowSER:
Don't know how much they charge, but they can get the engine.

</font>
Sweet, I just dropped them an email and Im hoping to hear from them soon.
Thanks slowSER,
Nick

1 - 18 of 18 Posts