SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
egg-less
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is down the road a ways, but I was thinking today about my next car. I'm fairly certain I've seen posts about last-gen 240SX with a DET. Can it be done? Anyone have an idea what the swap would cost? Any links to 240 chat rooms, etc.

Thanx in advance,

al

·
Ironman
1,820 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by aknapp:
This is down the road a ways, but I was thinking today about my next car. I'm fairly certain I've seen posts about last-gen 240SX with a DET. Can it be done? Anyone have an idea what the swap would cost? Any links to 240 chat rooms, etc.</font>
Not only can it be done, but it's done quite a bit. It is an OEM engine option in much of the rest of the world.

One of my buds is putting a built, turbocharged SR20DE in his S14. Follow the projects link.

http://www.conecrazy.com

·
Registered
62 Posts
It should be a much easier swap because the SR20DET comes standard in the 240 in every other country in the world (it's the car that I own actually). You shouldn't even have problems with the lhd/rhd thing as it's sold in countries which drive on the right.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, almost done with a swap right now, pretty straigh forward and basic, except for the wiring b/c use of diffrent ecu/harness/pita

1 - 5 of 5 Posts