SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been considering getting a DET to put in my classic , I wondered if the main and rod bearing in a DET are the same as DE if not would I be able to get then through NISMO or somewhere because when I get the motor I would like to freshing up the bearings and such before installing it. Since I have heard the engines tend to sit up for long periods of time before they make it over here. Just wondering , since I know some of the pepz on this board run DE-Ts

·
_______
3,640 Posts
If your getting a Bluebird DET the bearings are the same as those found in the DE. If your getting a GTI-R DET I think they are diffrent. I could be wrong about that one though.

Mike

·
Registered
782 Posts
Mike is right. If you purchase a Bluebird DET, then you could use parts from the US Spec DE to rebuild the motor. If you are going to purchase a GTiR DET , then you will run into the problem of finding the necessary parts to rebuild.

------------------
Louis Anaya 1992 Sentra SE-R Bluebird SR20DET w/ GTiR Pistons,T3/T04E,Deltagate Wastegate (9 PSI) FMAX Manifold, RevHard FMIC, JWT S3 Cams, JWT Ported & Polished Head, 1996 200SX SE-R Welded & Cyro Treated Tranny, ACT Xtreme P/PL & 6 Puck Disc, Cobra MAF, JWT ECU w/ 4 Bar Fuel Program, MSD 50lb/hr Injectors, JWT Fuel Rail, 300ZXTT Fuel Pump, AeroMotive Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Greddy Profec B, Greddy Boost & EGT Guages, UR 4 Pulley Kit, Powerslot Rotors, Axxis MM Brake Pads, ES Motor Mounts, Topspeed Short Shifter, Momo Cobra Shift Knob, KYB AGX Struts, GC Coilovers (350F/600R)& 17x7 White Tenzo Shu-4's w/ Kuhmo 205/40/ZR17 Tires

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
you can get the gti-r engine bearings through nissan motorsports now. rings and other stuff should fit from the de

1 - 4 of 4 Posts