·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*ahem*

Did this myself
take a gander at ALL the pics here:
http://laf.cioe.com/~benbobbo/turbo

You have to drill and tap the block for the oil return line. The oil feed and the water in/out aren't too hard, just grap yerself some heater hose and hose clamps from Pep Boys.
And if you can get the DET parts CHEAP, then it's a very bang for the buck setup. Otherwise, if yer engine is in good shape, don't swap out a DET, get the Stage I FMAX kit.

A DET head is the same as a 91-93 DE head as far as I know which isn't worth the money and effort.

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
_______
3,640 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ben98SentraSE:
A DET head is the same as a 91-93 DE head as far as I know which isn't worth the money and effort.</font>
True the head is the same but the uper and lower intake manifold are diffrent. No EGR stuff on the DET and it has a tap for the BOV signal. The routing for the PVC is also diffrent.

Mike

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
Hey couldn't I just get all the parts that come on the DET stock and bolt them right onto my DE for a lot cheaper than any kit? How much HP would that yield me? Could someone post a listing of all the parts I would need to swap off the DET to my DE? Has this been done? How hard would it be? Is it worth the trouble or should I just drop the 3-4k on a kit? Im sorry for all the questions but Im hooked after riding in my friends Eclipse GS-T.

------------------
Greg Taylor
96 SE-R w/ stuff

My Page

·
_______
3,640 Posts
All the parts would bolt on but..(Yo Ben!!!) The oil and coolant feed for the turbo have to be custom done. You would also have to get a Down pipe and IC piping(Yo Ben!!) custom made) Those are some things to think about when making this decision. A kit has everything pre made.

Check out my site and look at how I made the piping to work with the DET turbo. My motor is a DET so I didn't have to worry about the oil and coolant lines.
http://people.ne.mediaone.net/mgoss/DET.html

Mike

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mike Gosselin:
All the parts would bolt on but..(Yo Ben!!!) The oil and coolant feed for the turbo have to be custom done. You would also have to get a Down pipe and IC piping(Yo Ben!!) custom made)</font>
What do you mean the oil and coolant feed would have to be custom? I would have to drill into my head or something? If this was the case how hard is that? Could I just slap a DET head on? Do you think Fmax or hot shot would sell me their custom piping?
The piping is not a problem because I plan on doing this as a slow process project. Im starting summer 01 and I just want to part up slowly.

------------------
Greg Taylor
96 SE-R w/ stuff

My Page

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Details details.

And its PCV, not PVC

------------------
Ben98SentraSE