SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok - took my '96 SE-R harness to my uncles shop to see what kind of wiring I needed to do... problems almos no plugs mate.....
One example is the Throttle Pos. Sensor the DET I have has 6 wires, the FSM says three is this normal? Anyone have a conversion diagram? Or do I just need a early 90's harness?
The stamping on the block at the end says something like 961a or 96a - so is this a 96 engine? Anyways trying to get this figured....

Thanks guys
Chris

·
Registered
249 Posts
ya you definitely have a tps for an automatic. One plug is for the actual tps and the other is the closed throttle position switch combined with the wide open throttle switch which means that the engine is a fairly new production run

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 96 200sx sr20 harness - problem is that TPS sensor - I've read now I need a 95+ tps from us spec motor and the distributor.......
I got the motor from Jason G. Young - he's a poster here - I'm very please motor looks KILLER...... I paid $1800 at my door - but he explained that prices vary and it was hard to get a motor (no one had em in stock)..... (maybe last months SCC?)
Anyways I have two FSM's lol a '96 200sx (covers the GA and SR motors) and a 98 GA only..... I've done as much homework as possible lurking around I just keep getting conflicting information.....
So what I've learned thus far:
Auto DET - means I need a TPS
I know I need a coolant/head temp sensor
I know I need a us spec distributor.....
I know I need at least one motor mount (because it had a 1.6 in it)

Anyways I'll have a site with ALL details/part #'s when I'm done.
Thanks for the help guys!

http://www.chrisstorer.com/turbo

·
Registered
883 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MauiBlueGride:
I have a 96 200sx sr20 harness - problem is that TPS sensor - I've read now I need a 95+ tps from us spec motor and the distributor.......
I got the motor from Jason G. Young - he's a poster here - I'm very please motor looks KILLER...... I paid $1800 at my door - but he explained that prices vary and it was hard to get a motor (no one had em in stock)..... (maybe last months SCC?)
Anyways I have two FSM's lol a '96 200sx (covers the GA and SR motors) and a 98 GA only..... I've done as much homework as possible lurking around I just keep getting conflicting information.....
So what I've learned thus far:
Auto DET - means I need a TPS
I know I need a coolant/head temp sensor
I know I need a us spec distributor.....
I know I need at least one motor mount (because it had a 1.6 in it)

Anyways I'll have a site with ALL details/part #'s when I'm done.
Thanks for the help guys!

http://www.chrisstorer.com/turbo

</font>
Jason is the one I tried to setup that ACT buy through a few months ago. He is a good guy.

------------------

Kris94G20™
"clears and stickers, the best bang for your buck"
The Beginning.

·
Of Topic Count: 11,684
1,168 Posts
with the DET you need to get a DET wiring Harness along with ECU.. www.heavythrottle.com has some good information on the things you need for a DET swap, most of their swaps are 240's but its good information also ask in the turbo forumn those guys are the turbo gurus

------------------
- Dennis
http://www.geocities.com/sr20deswap/
-91 Classic w/ Priemra Swap
Aim: avurX

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
You don't need a DET harness. The DE harness works fine, but since you are putting this in a GA, there is more work to do. See if you can find a SR20 harness for a B14. More than likely, your DET was a automatic, and that's why there are 6 wires for the TPS. # for the TPS and 3 for the kick down. Did the motor come with a flex plate or a flywheel?

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
OK, I just looked at your other post, and that was an automatic DET. You'll need to find a high port TPS. I'm not sure if the high port and low port TPS are different. You REALLLLLY need a FSM before you do this. Also, how much was that DET? That thing looks brand new.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts