SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain what my risk are by putting a DET stock turbo on a SR20DE motor, without changing anything, leaving the motor stock (no low comp pistons)and adding some jwt cams, ecu and UD pullies.. also how much is a new T25, stock turbo.

Thanks Ryan

·
_______
3,640 Posts
As long as you get a JWT ecu and an IC the only risks is you are going to have is keeping the car one the road from the incredible tourque steer. Your tires might suffer a little bit too but that is more fun than risky

The stock SR with 370cc injectors(I have some for sale BTW) should run fine with a JWT ECU at the stock BB DET boost levels 6-8psi.

Mike
98sentraSE Turbo
people.ne.mediaone.net/mgoss/page2.html

[Edited by Mike Gosselin (11-04-2000 at 03:16 PM).]

·
Registered
883 Posts
forgot what I was going to say

[Edited by kbslacker (11-04-2000 at 04:30 PM).]

[Edited by kbslacker (11-04-2000 at 04:30 PM).]

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
What Mike said

It's not detrimental at all with stock boost. I will, or course, be playing with more boost later, but NOT without A/F ratio and EGT gauges. This way I can tell if I'm running too much boost for my compression or not.

Look at Ryan Besterwich's car. He's still running 9.5:1 and he has 400hp!
That's what I always try to keep in mind

·
_______
3,640 Posts
WhatCrazy Ben said the De is a bold[hehe] motor. Ha! you caaaaaan run atleast 8psiIMHO with out blowing up the 9.55:cr and get 13.9+ trap times. Go get some mustanks. and be happy

Mike
98sentraSE Turbo

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Aboutrb's car he is running water injection with 14+ psi. 02 injectione is the key word]

peeeace mahhhan
Mike
98sentraSE Turbo

·
Registered
448 Posts
Nah, you don't *need* water injection to run 20psi on race gas but it's a nice safety factor. In fact we run the smallest water jet we have when on race gas and the base timing pumped way up.

The SR is a stout motor, have a ball.

Mike you get torque steer? Must be a non lsd thing, I can let go of the wheel under full power with no problems. Strange...

·
_______
3,640 Posts
I have a 96 trans w/lsd. It only happens on uneven pavement.... witch is about all you'll find around New Hampster.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Jay! How much boost you think I can safely run with my setup and not break sumthin on pump gas? Asking Kojima but he's taking forever to answer

·
_______
3,640 Posts
I pulled a few strip passes on 12-13ish psi on pump gas c-16. I figure you should be safe at 8 on pump. I did a nice pull at 8psi on the highway to about 120 or so and nothing broke

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds like a plan, I just have to save up for the Turbo, Living in SF most of my money goes to RICH landlords.. well first i have to get a new clutch next week..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts