SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone's T25 on their DET has ever failed. Would like to hear from some of you DET swap pioneers- those of your who have had DETs for several years. Has anyone ever worn out their T25? If so, were you running at stock boost or higher than stock daily?

I'm just trying to get an idea of how reliable these used overseas units are and if I should ever expect it to fail at any time so I can plan for the expense ahead of time, if necessary.

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO and crashed 93 NX2000

G

·
I remember at least one person who was running higher than stock boost on a T28 and blew it up. Unfortunatly that is all the info I have.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Chris Allen's T28 went Hiroshima on his ass a couple years back. Granted, he was running 18 PSI daily, and he has a reputation for being able to break just about any part imaginable with alarming ease..... Check it out, its in the archives.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I can't think of anyone who has ever blown a T25 or T28, thats with a group of 50 or so people all running higher than stock boost. I wouldn't be concerned at all with the reliability of these turbos.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts