SR20 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I don't know if this has been discussed before. Does the DET use a different tranny than the DE? I would think it does since the DET is significantly more powerful in stock form. I was wondering that if the DET uses a different tranny, could the DE use that tranny and also have people done this? Thanks in advance,

-saaby

G

·
I might be wrong in saying this, but I don't believe there has ever been a FWD SR20DET car. They are all either 4WD (like the GTi-R) or RWD (like the Silvia).

Therefore there is no "heavy duty" FWD gearbox that came with the DET powered models.

The stock DE gearbox will handle a DET so long as you don't go power crazy. If you do want to up the power to insane highs, then you are going to need to get the gearbox strengthened.

Of course, I might be wrong...

------------------
1997 UK spec P11 Primera
http://www.primeraweb.co.uk

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I might be wrong in saying this, but I don't believe there has ever been a FWD SR20DET car. They are all either 4WD (like the GTi-R) or RWD (like the Silvia).</font>
I think your right. Now there is the tranny that goes with the SR16VE N1 or something like that. I forget what it is actually called but it is stronger and can be connected to the SR20DE.

·
En mi barrio..
1,588 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jacen99SE:
I think your right. Now there is the tranny that goes with the SR16VE N1 or something like that. I forget what it is actually called but it is stronger and can be connected to the SR20DE.</font>
Are you talking about the Pulsar N1. Good luck finding a tranni from on of them as they are very limited edition (the racing version with that has 197hp's not the street one that has 170hp's).
I'm trying to get the 6 speed box that comes with the sr20ve (1999 Primera) to put on my DET.

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
Well SR20 B12 you might think that I am picking on you but puting a SR20VE automatic belt driven gear box on your car would be so stupid. Well I hope you knew that this box is AUTO. I hope you get all the extra parts like comp and shafts to control it. Lastly you would be robing HP from the engine by using this box. Well I happen to have this box that you find so hard the VVL 5spd. And it is not worth the effert

·
En mi barrio..
1,588 Posts
lol, I don't think your picking on me. I have a friend in Barbados who has a 6 speed Primera with a sr20ve. I can't remember what edition it is, but it's something touring. So these six speed boxes do exist.

The vvl tranni that you have is from the N1 Pulsar? I highly doubt it, but if it is, damn should have got the engine attached to it.

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> blubird comes in fwd don't they </font>
apparently not.

G

·
blubird comes in fwd don't they

***They come with an AWD automatic tranny.

------------------
Jay Whitely
Tampa, FL
1996 200SX SE-R
GTi-R powered with F-MAX kit

·
BOOST OR GO HOME!!!!!
1,883 Posts
blubird comes in fwd don't they

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
jay you are exactly right. but however they made very few of them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts