SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after searching and not coming up with an answer, I'm wondering if a boost leak would cause detonation? Thanks for any help.

Mark

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
ser_smokes_alot said:
So after searching and not coming up with an answer, I'm wondering if a boost leak would cause detonation? Thanks for any help.

Mark

i may be totally wrong guys. but i would think that it could cause detonation. because when you have a boost leak you could easilyy run really rich... like i said i could be wrong maybe it wont detonate when its rich.. or even run rich with a boost leak... i was just thinking that because i would think that it would not have enogh air to compensate for the fuel.... correct me if im wrong

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
you get detonation when you're LEAN. or too much advance on the timing.

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
spdracerUT said:
you get detonation when you're LEAN. or too much advance on the timing.

yea i should have figured that rich cars usually dont detonate... welll... lol who cars your car will runn like crap with a boost leak. plain and simple

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well im not sure if its a boost leak it was just a thought...i changed the plugs earlier and they definitely show detonation...but they're not white, as if it was running lean. i dunno...any suggestions appreciated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts