SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://laf.cioe.com/~benbobbo/deturboing1

Started at 5:30PM. Got all the engine bay intercooler pipes out, heatshield off, intake tube off, oil catch can off, coolant and oil drained, downpipe off, oil and coolant lines off, turbo/manifold/elbow off, BOV J-pipe off the TB, stock intake tube back on with POP (had the top of my airbox handy but no air filter), stock header back on (the gasket was reusable this time!
), O2 sensor back on, stock secondary back on, coolant flushed (for the first time- pretty easy actually) and filled halfway, oil filled. I *almost* was able to drive it to work today. The only thing holding me back was that I had not put the oil pressure sender area back to stock and had just plugged my turbo oil feed line with a bolt and hose clamp, but it still leaked oil quite a bit. By this time it was about midnight and I admitted defeat. If that had held the oil in I realized at about 9:30PM that I was going to drive this thing to work tomorrow!
I was planning on having it down for a few days, but doesn't look like that's going to happen. I filled the radiator but did not allow the engine to warm up due to the oil leak so I will let it warm up tonight after I put the oil pressure sender plumbing back to stock (have to drain the new oil and put it back in- ah well).

I cannot believe I did all this by myself in one evening. I guess once you learn how to put something together you can take it apart pretty easily. Man I even got my EGR tube back in!
hehe

Car sounds funny and idles very very rough when you first turn it on after turning it from turbo to NA and drain and fill it's coolant and oil. It smoothed out a bit after a minute or so and revving it a couple times.

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO and crashed 93 NX2000

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
uhh...why are you deturboing your car???

------------------
1992 Nissan NX2000
White...fully loaded

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm selling off the mods on the 98 Sentra because I'm going to sell it to get rid of my car payment and drive the 93 NX2000 I bought for $700 after it's all fixed. I will be FMAXing the NX latert too.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Ben's attempt of trying not to look like a ******* maybe
. Nah....got fed up with IC pipes blowing gone to the extreme....Nah. Well Ben gets to come back to the land of slow cars again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts