SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First thing I did was test fit the stock BB DET throttle body "U" bend with the BOV on it. No way that will work on a low port motor. You can see here how it's meant to fit on a high port motor:

Well I unsheathed my trusty hacksaw and hacked a bit of it off, just enough to get a rubber connector on there and a hose clamp. I will eventually take pictures of all this but those two above you can kinda see what I did.

The second thing I did was test fit the thing on my TB. It'll work great.

Next thing I did was cut off 3-4 inches of the driver's side of the battery tray, moved the tray over, and drilled new holes for the tray to be bolted down in there. This was necessary to give enough room for all the turbo piping. Mike G did this on his car as you can see here:

Actually Mike it looks like you deleted the battery tray all togehter. How is the battery being held in place? And where are the two fuse blocks that went around the left side of the battery?

Oh yeah, I also test fitted the interheater (that thing that's in the very top picture mis-labeled as "INTERCOOLER") to the front of the car by just removing the cool 98 grill. It's a bit taller than most SR20 folk's intercoolers like Mike G's:

But it should do for the time being. Will have to cut into the bumper just a tinch, but not a lot.

As soon as I get the ECU purchased and reprogrammed by JWT for 9.5:1 compression, I will install it all ASAP. Well, guess I need a boost gauge, a few gaskets for the TB/intake manifold/exhaust manifold, probably some coolant hose, but that's about it

[Edited by Ben98SentraSE (09-05-2000 at 09:38 PM).]

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow, the pictures aren't that big on your site, Mike, why are they so friggin HUGE here?

·
_______
3,640 Posts
I'm lazy and I modify the appearance in Front Page 2k to 300x275 pixles or somthing. Sorry. I really should scale them but.... that would be alto of pictures I have to change

My battery is held down by "Zip ties baby" and the fuse blocks are on the front behind the headlight and the other is to the left of the battery. The Bettery will be relocated as soon as I get the $6.50/ft wiring. I have a nice blue sealed battery box I bought from Summit Racing.

Mike

G

·
where could one obtain the wiring to do the relocate? also, where would you run the wiring? under the car and zip tied to the body?

·
_______
3,640 Posts
I found the wiring at a local car radio shop 0/1 gage. I haven't thougt about where to run them how but when I do I'll let you know.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts