SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pulsar GTi-R manifold, a TTZ fuel pump, MSD 50lb/hr injectors, and a Cobra MAF on my hands. I need to decide what kind of intercooler I want to run. I was thinking about the FMAX intercooler, and then having to have custom piping made for me. Howerever, if I could get a kit with a nice intercooler that has all of the piping pre made up for me, that would be awesome.
I heard that Hotshot was developing a kit that would have the HKS intercooler and piping for the DET. The only problems I can see with this setup, is that:

A: I have a pulsar GTi-R manifold, and not a BlueBird one.

B: My head is a low port, not a high port like the DET has.

I also heard that SR20Development might be making a kit similar to this. Has anyone heard anything about either of these kits, or do you have an reccomendations for me?

Lyn

·
Registered
782 Posts
Either way, you will have to get the IC piping custom made! The HKS core that HS uses is pretty small! If you ever decide to upgrade later on down the rode you may run into some efficiency problems with this core! The FMAX IC is nice and will support 500 hp, but the endtanks may not have the correct angle! You might want to look into getting a Spearco core with some custom endtanks made to suit your needs!

------------------
http://www.sentra.net/solm/august01/louis.shtml

Louis Anaya

1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R

349.6 hp & 301.9 ft/lb

12.0 @ 118.77

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.