SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am new to forums so I would like to say "hello"

My father was the one who brought the light of the SR20DE to me.

I have never looked back.

His SE-R went 10 years and almost 400,000 miles before the timing chain and tranny blew up.

It was a sad day.

I wanted to relive the excitment of the SE-R and have been looking for quite a while.

I found many SE-R's that had been raced and completly modded out....too many headaches.

Then I finally found a virgin SE-R

The lady who owned it wasnt aware what a possesion she had.

It was a late '92 Red with a recently rebuilt tranny because of a problem with the 5th gear (Dont get me started on that one).

She wanted 4000

I offered her 2550 and got it.

Mechanically its great. It does have 145k on it but she has had it dealer serviced for the last 100k (she is second owner) and has only had the tranny prob. Cosmetically it has a few dents and a cracked taillight and needs a new left mirror. The windshielf has a crack in it but nothing that would cause me to replace it immediatly.

Did I get a good deal?

------------------
Do you have 5th gear probs in your SE-R?

http://www.petitiononline.com/44ndone/

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
That sounds like a good deal to me, but im not familar to the US car markit and pricing since im in Canada. In 98 for my NX I payed 10000 with tax off the lot if I bought privet it would onny probly be 1000 to 1500 less at the time. almost every thing here is about duble in price when it comes to cars.

------------------

92 NX2000, kyb agx, intrax springs, jwt pop,
3a Racing muffler with bonzi tip,
17 " mille miglia mm 112, Yokohama avid h4
ACT clutch on order

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I had been lookin all around for em, they seem to be big in Chicago and Flordia.

I couldn't afford 900 bucks in shipping so I was lookin local in socal.

This was the only one that was still virgin

SAM

·
VVL - Very Very Loud™
11,741 Posts
There are plenty of SE-Rs down in fort lauderdale, thats for sure. sounds like you got a great deal on the car, and the lady sure went down a lot, guess she really wanted to get rid of the car.

I bought my 91 SE-R with 86K miles almost 4 years ago for $3000, at the time, I think it was a great price, it just had a few door dings and the sagging doors, other than that, car was in great condition.

congrats on the car, and enjoy it to the fullest.

------------------
Serban Gavrilescu
91 Black Metallic SE-R
http://www.geocities.com/serban91r

1 - 5 of 5 Posts