SR20 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to short out a MAF? I was trying to reground it, following the directions on ser.net

Since then, I have not been able to start the car. It just keeps turning over and doesn't start.

I tried removing my new ground wire and it still didn't work. Initially I did a sloppy job and I think maybe a couple wires might have crossed.. If this happened, could it have killed the MAF?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Doug check your E-Mail

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whew. It turns out that I accidentally popped a wire off the (distributer?) and didn't realize it. So, everything works great now.

It made an impressive difference. Regrounding the maf along with cleaning my TB solved all the hesitation problems I was having.

So, now I am going to go try to figure out how on earth I get the engine mounts off so I can make some homemade reinforced polyurethan motor mounts.

Oh yeah, should I bother leaving the MAF grounded to the original ground wire and my new ground, or just use my new ground?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[Need to check with you guys, I saw on Se-r.net that the MAF has three wires, mine seems to have four wires from the connector. So which wire should i ground? My car is a NX16000.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi guys, thought id tell u's , that on the sr20det/180/silvia, theres three wires--black-white-&black/white. been havn a few probs, usual stuff..rough idle,blows black smokewhen starting and under load. [way to rich] anyways its like most guys say, its voltage to high on Maf. --i.c / pipes leak. plugs.. TPS.. and so on. guess i have to go through them my self now grr, so wot i was getting at.. is when i get to regrounding my MAF wot wire has to be grounded on this model.[91 sr20det]any info will be great thanx....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.