SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1992 NX2k with a JDM 10:1 CR motor and a BB det t25 setup bolted on.
I ran it for a week or so and the injectors were leaky so it had a rough idle, lotsa hesitation BUT it would rev all the way to redline.
Now, after I got the injectors back from RC engineering, repaired, and installed, not leaking...
The car drives good, idles good, and has no hesitation, (well, not nearly as much)
I will be revving.. like, ya know, stoplight, first gear, take it towards redline but it stops and falls on it's face at about 5k rpms. like I hit a wall!
So, I replaced the plugs, and re gapped a new set of BKR7E's to 24 thousandths of an inch.. and it still does it, just a bit later, like 5200 rpm.
Any help at all would be greatly appreciated..
I just pulled the plugs and it does not look good for me.. they are all white/tan cept there are places where the sparkplug (not the electrode) has the white/tan coating chipped or flaked off and is at bare metal.
I would guess that means detonation.. but would it really make it fall on it's face that bad? DAMN!

I really don't understand what is going on, before I sent the injectors in I mounted the TMIC up front.. and in the process t'd the line going to the BOV for the wastegate.
I am hoping that was my error, someone will tell me I am a fool, and the correct place to connect the wastegate line to would be?...

------------------
David Lau <[email protected]> 1992 NX2Kt in Vancouver, WA

·
Enemy of the stupid
4,727 Posts
Ok #1 how much boost are you pushing? #2 whats your O2 values? Are you running rich or lean? #3 do you have an EGT gauge?

1st try to turn the boost down to 6psi and see if it still hits the brick wall. Then check the waste gate hose to make sure it's hooked up right and dosen't have a hole in it. You might be hitting fuel cut. And change those spark plugs sounds like you detonated from running too lean.

my .02 cents

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yellow4g63:
Ok #1 how much boost are you pushing? #2 whats your O2 values? Are you running rich or lean? #3 do you have an EGT gauge?

1st try to turn the boost down to 6psi and see if it still hits the brick wall. Then check the waste gate hose to make sure it's hooked up right and dosen't have a hole in it. You might be hitting fuel cut. And change those spark plugs sounds like you detonated from running too lean.

my .02 cents
</font>
Running BB DET t25, stock boost, 6.5 psi? It is running lean, no egt gauge, I just found the complete listing of how all the vaccume lines are s'posed to run from factory.. they might ahve been fugged up in the engine swap (few montsh ago) so I am going to make that work right.. then check the timing... and it is on it's second set of new plugs =(

david

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I fixed it!

I disconnected all the **** to the egr (cause it is not being used, love boost)
and I set the base timing to ~13 degrees (I want conservative, 10:1 and boost can be scary.. so, I will take 13 and be happy)

that fixed it.. wanna know why?
The base timing was at ~23 degrees

wow, how did it not go boom, such a strong motor, love it =)

------------------
David Lau <[email protected]> 1992 NX2Kt in Vancouver, WA

·
Registered
858 Posts
wow, you lucky guy.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header, ACT HDS/S clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Hey yellow4g63...what are the O2 values that you tuned mikes car to .8-.9? where did you set the cross over points at?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts