SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Now accepting donations!!
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help me out here, what's the differences between the FWD and RWD SR20's? And I'm not talking diff between DE/DET or the compression, etc. I'm talking about physical EXTERNAL differences. I.E. mounting points, vacuum hoses, cooling hoses, etc.

Help me out, just doing some research.

·
The Groove Master
4,241 Posts
Be aware, this is a copy and paste of some stuff I wrote on Club240. The tone is kind of harsh, because I was conversing with someone who was baiting us all for giggles, which kind of made us mad, but most of the info is there.

Begin paste:
The motor mounts are different, the ignition system is different, the accessories have different mounting points, the trannies are different, etc. etc. etc. ECUs and wiring are different too. I've got a Sentra SE-R with the SR20 which I've done a lot of work on, and I've been doing massive research into swapping an SR20DET into the 240 I just got.

Did I mention that the distributor on a FWD SR20 would be either right next to or running into the firewall if you tried this? They put the disty, coil, and ignitor all on the driver's side of the engine, which would translate to the rear in RWD.

Also, I just remembered that the FWD SR20 tranny has a cable clutch, where we all know that the 240 KA has a hydraulic clutch.

AND, the throttle body points the wrong way. The FWD intake manifold would point the TB at the firewall in a RWD application; it's reversed to point to the front of the car in all the RWD SR20s.

End paste.

The full thread is here: http://www.club240.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5625&perpage=30&pagenumber=1

I don't typically debate like this, but something came over me... I hope the info helps.

·
The Groove Master
4,241 Posts
Just looked that over. It'll make more sense to read the thread. Sorry bout that.

·
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what a jack-off. Anyways, that's what I figured. I guess there is a higher population of FWD SR20's than RWD. Has anyone ever seen if SOKO can get RWD SR20DE? Just curious. Sucks that FWD JDM SR20DE's are about $400-$500 but RWD are about $1k.

·
The Groove Master
4,241 Posts
I'd be surprised if they couldn't.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
i got my RWD DE for 650 from Augusta Georgia's JHOT Exports. complete with tranny, wiring, sensors, the works.

·
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NissanTuner said:
i got my RWD DE for 650 from Augusta Georgia's JHOT Exports. complete with tranny, wiring, sensors, the works.

Dang, that's a good price. I'll have to look into that. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
yep awesome price. thats why i got it!

·
Registered
492 Posts
El Gabito said:
what a jack-off. Anyways, that's what I figured. I guess there is a higher population of FWD SR20's than RWD. Has anyone ever seen if SOKO can get RWD SR20DE? Just curious. Sucks that FWD JDM SR20DE's are about $400-$500 but RWD are about $1k.
Shows that demand sucks when it comes to "paying for what something's really worth". You'd be shocked to find out exactly how much it really costs to build a Mercedes that retails for $60,000 in the U.S. too.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Christ I'm bored. I should be doing statistics homework, but instead I read that post on the 240 forum. Now my brain hurts from that retard. UGH. OFF TO STATS!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts