SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my brother crashed his 92 se-r (frontend) the engine is fine but all the front panels would have to be replaced along with anything that was in front of the engine. i found a 92 se and i was thinking about either doing an engine and tranny swap into the se or using the frontend of the se to fix the se-r. what would be easier,if possible, an engine swap or a frontend swap?

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
AFAIK, the only major differences between the two are the engine and trans. Might be easier to transplant the SR20 into the SE. Talk about a sleeper....

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
big worm,

My 92 has front end damage and I learned all sentra's for 92 have the same bumpers/panels. Preserve the SE-R because it also has better seats/suspension/guages/exhaust/wheels etc. Get the SE front end put onto the SE-R and you are in business.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the more i look at his car the more i realize a frontend swap is going to be difficult. it looks like it would be easier to just swap engines and trannies. do all the mounts line up or do i have to buy anything. the se is auto and the se-r is manual. also the bent so i might as well throw a header on there, anyone know where i could buy one?

thanks

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
The engine mounts and the cross member have to come from the SE-R. If you really want to do it right swap the harness guages and all, although this would be a BIG undertaking. I think you can swap the pedal pod (clutch brake gas pedal mounts) out. Anyone know? Plus I don't know if the SE auto is gonna have the hole for the clutch cable and stuff. Then you have to think fuel pump , Anyone know if it's the same for 1.6l. Man the more I think the stranger it gets. Then you still don't have SE-R brakes or sway bars. GOOD Luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts