SR20 Forum banner

difference in 91-92 & 93-94 gauge faces

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  silversx 
#1 ·
hey ive been lookin for gauge face overlays or just a new piece altogether(93 classic), and i found one on a site, but it was only listed for the 91-92, why? whats different between that and the 93-94 gauges?!?

#2 ·
Easy answer: On '91-92s, the tach and speedo are in the wrong places: left for tach, right for speedo.

They got it right in '93, which is speedo on the left, tach on the right. Which is why '93s are clearly superior cars. :p

Here come the flames...

#4 ·
yeah.. 93's rule! hehe actually you're in luck if you have a 93 anyway.. the 200sx 95+ have the same layout. So their stuff will overlay just fine over ours. I know because thats how I made my original gauges. Right now tho I'm making some for the old fashioned 91-92 heheh. I think the thread is still active.

#8 ·
silversx said:
i heard 1993 was also the best year for the NX. :D
HAH... I wish! Had they made hard-top NX2000's in '93, then I'll agree that '93 is the best year... Otherwise, I'll have to say '91 NX... But I agree on the '93 SE-R being king... I'm jealous of Luis' 152hp car.

--Andrew Phan
1993 NX2000
1998 200SX SE-R

#10 ·
Luis said:
yeah.. 93's rule! hehe actually you're in luck if you have a 93 anyway.. the 200sx 95+ have the same layout. So their stuff will overlay just fine over ours. I know because thats how I made my original gauges. Right now tho I'm making some for the old fashioned 91-92 heheh. I think the thread is still active.
you say the overlays will work from 95+ 200sx, is that only for the 200sx se-Rs?,also, what if its sold as the whole cluster and enclosement, will that fit in 93 classic too?

#12 ·
Storm88000 said:
No flames here. The 1993 SE-R was the best SE-R. Period.
You guys are *too* right. 93s had the most comfortable, soft side bolsters on the seats, I mean, getting in in the car is super-convenient. :p

Seriously, gotta love the front fascia. The headlights look smaller and weinier though.

Bring it on :)

#17 ·
Whoever asked about 200sx gauges.. Yes they are a direct fit into a 93 - 94 Sentra. I know because I Have a 200sx cluster in my car. Only problem is that the 200sx have that crappy rev limit displayed on the tach. But if you want nice pretty gauges I say go for it anyway. I mean you wont forget where your redline really is :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.