SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SR20DE Driver
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won one off of E-bay a while back not thinking about the analog vs digital sending unit. Has anyone here ever done the switch???
I figured for $19, I would give it a look and hope I could figure something out. If no one has done it, does anyone have the manual to show the "needed" parts to make it work??

·
SR20DE Driver
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

Come on, somebody has to at least have a factory sevice manual or at least heard about it.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
The digital dash was only offered in the NX1600. The wiring between the analog and digital dah are different. You would need to rewire your gauges.

·
SR20DE Driver
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I kinda figure that part. I know that the current dash has a cable or "analog" sending unit. The Digital should have some type of electronic sending unit. My question is, do any of you think it would be worth the difference or can we get get aftermarket gauges for our cars?

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well if you think they are cool or whatever then sure its worth it. But i know more pople in 1600's wanting to swap to the analog dash. Ive looked at the wiring in the FSM its dramaticly different. The sending unit should be coming from the ECU. I can look again later possibly to see where it gets it. I dont know didnt ever look at the ga secion to see if there is a sending unit on the engine thats not on the sr20, or if its the same. Swap would require atleast the guages and then the wires connected to them. Now if they are easily swapable thats another story. Id guess probaly more trouble than what they are worth. the digital isnt that accurate or resposive...

·
SR20DE Driver
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats what I needed to hear, thanks Bowl. They will be on E-bay again soon if anyone knows of anyone with an NX 1600 that needs them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts