SR20 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well I'm sure this question has been asked before. Ok I was in an accident about a year ago, well due to the accident I will be receiving a settlement. It's going to be anywhere between 20k-60+k. So here's my question. I want to have a FAST car. Granted fast is a matter of interpretation. So I want a 11 second daily driver. Ok so here's what I'm looking at, either I'm going to turbo my se-r or I'll buy something else. Now I want to stick with imports. So here's my ideas on cars. 1. Toyota Supra TT, 2. Lexus SC300 TT(swapped out) 3. 240sx-silvia conversion. Would I be better off to go ahead and buy one of these cars or boost my car? The car will have to be daily driven. Thanks for the input.

------------------
96 se-r with a few goodies

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
RX-7 or Subaru WRX w/ the new 320hp upgrade... or just turbo and work the hell out of your car. Or you could buy a DSM and do very little to it and have it running 11s, and still have money to work on your SE-R.

------------------
Greg Taylor
Black 96 200SX SE-R
More info on my car

·
Registered
90 Posts
jcen99SE's idea's a pretty good one. Or you could turbo charge your own car. Regarding the 3 cars you listed, I would go with the Supra TT. An SC300 TT sounds like it would be a lot of work, I've read about one which was pretty amazing...something like a 10 second car with all the luxury interior still there, with a twin turbo and a Supra manual tranny. Amazing, but sounds like a whole lot of work.

------------------
Slow 1.6
http://members.tripod.com/yankitman

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I'm kinda leaning towards a supra. Granted I love my car and possibly would keep it for a daily driver. But no matter what I did to the car it would still be a FWD. As far as the lexus goes I found one already done up BABK, Rims, TT motor, TT tranny, single turbo upgrade, etc... For 22k Granted I would want to get a bunch of stuff done on top of that, but it's not a bad price.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
300ZX twin turbo with Stillen or JWT upgrades. 400+ hp!

------------------
1994 SE-R Super Black
POP Charger, STB, 15" rolling stock, more to come...

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
yeah, invest your money wisely, and you will make some bucks, enough to live and buy a new, BETTER car.

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
First gen Eclipse/talon GSX
Mark 4 Supra TT
300zx(hard to swap turbos)
RX-7 engines are fragile as hell
200sx/Sentra SE-R lots of work
240sx DE-T

------------------
'91 SEntRa
'92 Sentra XE
SHUT UP AND DRIVE!!!!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
As much as i love my Se-r, it and the other cars in its catagory are still an econo-box, mine lacks power windows,a/c, climate control, leather seats and ect, as fast as it is i dont race every moment i drive, i like to be comfortable when i cruise...which is why you should not limit yourself and look at other cars like the M3,S4 or even the A4 or maybe an MR2 NSX, and you listed Supra already.

·
Registered
90 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteSER:
Invest in some stocks. </font>
Yea, you know, they're pretty damn low right now. I'm losing thousands of what I invested back in November.
But I dunno if it'll go down even lower. So, that SC300TT is already done up, huh? Now it sounds like a good idea. You said you got 60k to spend? Spend the 22k on that SC300 then invest the rest. Mutual funds are probably safer than stocks, from my short experience in the market, but I'm far from an expert.

------------------
Slow 1.6
http://members.tripod.com/yankitman

·
0 Posts
Why cant I have this dilema!!!???

I would have to get my dream 510 and drop a sr20det in it. Screw a rotary. I'd like to keep my hearing.

------------------
-

P

·
0 Posts
But no matter what I did to the car it would still be a FWD.

if its coming to that why not import in the AWD version of your car and do a conversion? or get a S15 jap-spec 200sx (rwd)... now that is some ass. damn!
chris.

------------------
primers its where its at.

·
Much love for the B-13
593 Posts
$60k??? Call up Motorex and get a R32 or R33 Skyline and be one bad mother F'er.
Sure they are overpriced but they come without the importing headaches.

But SE-Riously, I saw a SC300 like the one you are talking about put down 420hp at the wheels pu in Jacksonville a coulple of years ago. Talk about a sleeper!! No one thought anything of it until we heard a noise similar to a jet taking off!!! Everyone there was like WTF is in that thing!!!

------------------
'96 SE-R No bolt unturned...
'92 E Lots of factory bolts still in place
'92 SE-R all stock with out a sunroof, just added to the family!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts