SR20 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Resisting the urge to mod
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Today I went outside and, much to my surprise, I noticed this nasty streak of white discoloration on the (normally) gray molding under my windows. :mad: Here's a pic (sorry for the crappy camera phone quality):

For comparison, here is a picture taken a few months ago:

Has this happened to anyone else? It seems like it became like this overnight - I surely would have noticed it, and I didn't see it yesterday. Anyone have any ideas? :confused:

·
Big kid with gray hair
1,616 Posts
black liquid shoe polish. use the kind with the sponge on the end. have rags at the ready in case you get messy. masking tape will help keep it off the paint. only put it on the part that's burnt.

ps. my guess is, it's the window cleaner you're using. it's reacting with the plastic under the UV's

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hey Waz

I sanded the plastic for paint all around the car, right up to the spoiler, my car was originally white and i couldnt notice how discolored the molding was

i never use window cleaner, always use news papers and water, does the job very very nicely =)

here is a shot i took early this morning for you

forgive my car, it is being wet sanded and compouded, so it will look very hazy and dusty

they stay very dark

-shek

·
Registered
617 Posts
SiCrew said:
Hey Waz

I sanded the plastic for paint all around the car, right up to the spoiler, my car was originally white and i couldnt notice how discolored the molding was

-shek
Thanks for that, and for taking the close up pics. Mine aren't discoloured, instead they are very bubbly/rough from sunlight, so I need to do something about them.

·
i love b13's !
8,012 Posts
my red nx had the same problem. my blue one doesnt, the previous owner removed the moldings and painted them black, didnt do to good of a job but better than the faded ones on my red nx.

hey rice boy ;P whats with the pillar you holding on on me ? real cf or just a sticker. actually imma pm u now.

stratton.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts