SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sr4gRbEj2j
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
car: 91 nissan sentra w/ bluebird sr20de+t.

As the title reads, that's what happened. I disconnected the batter just for good measure as i checked a couple things. Didnt touch or change anything, then when i went to start the car, it cranks but from what i can tell there's no power going to the coil...if it makes a difference it is like 8 degrees out. I tried to check all the fuses but i cant find a diagram for the right one.

·
91 Classic.
427 Posts
did you check that fuse that is on the positive battery terminal. I forgot what its called but it might have popped if you disconnected the battery incorrectly.

·
Sr4gRbEj2j
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fuse that is on the positive battery terminal? My battery is relocated to the trunk. i have power to everything but ignition, well i mean the ign sw is fine cause the key works and it cranks but no spark. And no it's not the wires , distributor, plugs, or coil.

Im pretty sure i'm looking for a blown fuse, but i have no clue where it is if that is the problem

·
Registered
18 Posts
haveing the same problem. but with the 1.6 changed the trany and now the car does everthing except get spark to the plugs. if you figure out whats wrong plz let me know>

·
Sr4gRbEj2j
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haveing the same problem. but with the 1.6 changed the trany and now the car does everthing except get spark to the plugs. if you figure out whats wrong plz let me know>
uhhh searching i thought i found a solution to your problem, search the classics section under search phrase "fuse". Possibly something about a wire grounding out on your tranny or something of that sort.

·
Sr4gRbEj2j
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tested injectors, they're getting power

tested maf, it's getting power so i'm guessing the ecu isnt dead.\

...still lost

·
Sr4gRbEj2j
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
have power going to the icm. also better checked the ign coil. With positive lead on the + of coil and - lead on a random ground in the car it reads .002 volts. which is better than .000 so at least i know i'm getting power to the coil even if it's not much.

i'm gonna have to guess that the problem is the icm ignition control module.

·
Sr4gRbEj2j
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
furthermore, used this write up http://www.240sx.org/faq/articles/ecm_codes_doch.htm to check the codes on the ecu. got 1 beep ...1 beep which equals crank positioning sensor. fml guess i know what the prob is now though....i think, err at least it's not a dead ecu because after i cleared that code from going from mode 2 back to mode 1 and back to mode 2 i got 5 beeps ....5 beeps which is the everythings working perfect again.

·
Sr4gRbEj2j
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so in the end, as i was taking apart the distributor to check the crankshaft position sensor i realized that there were 4 wires coming out of the back of the distributor that obviously came from the CPS and went to a plug into the main harness. Where the plug meets the main harness 2 of the 4 wires were disconnected =p. easy fix, connected em back up and tapped the heck out of em. Car started right up.

figure i'd post my progress on this entire ordeal just for good measure and in case anyone comes across a similar problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts