SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering on a n/a 92 se-r if cams make a big difference, is it worth the money?

·
i love b13's !
8,012 Posts
of coarse it is, search s4's and youll come up with more then enough information to convince you to buy them.

stratton.

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
Well. when i had my 94 SE-R i got smoked at the track by a NX2K with similar mods , headers, no cat, air intake, 2.5 exhaust, i didnt have cams and he had S3's.....i took a 15.8 at the 1/4 and he took a 15.0 flat +/-....

maybe it was driver , maybe it was cams i dunno and he hit a best of 14.4 all motor

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
I have a short shifter, 3inch custom cai, header with 2.25 dp, w/p&crank pullies, and a 2.5 exhaust. My question is with some s4's can I hit some mid 14's with some weight reduction too??

just for some reference I ran a 15.2 with just the intake and short shifter.

·
YOUR F0RUM SUX
3,558 Posts
Cams are great but only work when you dip them in creamy peanut butter. Stay away from chunky tho or you will run into lobe issues.

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
maybe he meant crackers? /\

either that or oil

·
Classic is Classy
618 Posts
I have a short shifter, 3inch custom cai, header with 2.25 dp, w/p&crank pullies, and a 2.5 exhaust. My question is with some s4's can I hit some mid 14's with some weight reduction too??

just for some reference I ran a 15.2 with just the intake and short shifter.
With similar mods i hit 14.7 consistantly with crappy tires!

·
Very bling bling
1,905 Posts
cams??? naw man, they make your car slower. if you come across any instead of throwing them away just give em to me. i will make sure they are properly disposed of *wink wink*

·
Rebuilding
3,916 Posts

·
Baby Blue VVL
3,202 Posts
Stock = 2.25in exhaust (pretty shitty actually), 91 intake cam, PR CAI, Pacesetter Header, G20 ecu

Then i added S4 cams and what you see is what i got

1 - 20 of 39 Posts