SR20 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading the posts it seems that the Classic SE-R can be a target for thieves!

I live in a gated complex and I park my car backward in the carport and cover it, set the alarm but I'm still paranoid that some asshole will steal my car and I won't be able to replace it with a similar low milage SE-R. Just fretting here but how many people have had their Classic stolen?

------------------
Art R.
1992 Sentra SE-R
SCCA Solo II Driver
Cal Club #823 E Stock

·
91 SE-R
228 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Trys_Hard:
Reading the posts it seems that the Classic SE-R can be a target for thieves!

I live in a gated complex and I park my car backward in the carport and cover it, set the alarm but I'm still paranoid that some asshole will steal my car and I won't be able to replace it with a similar low milage SE-R. Just fretting here but how many people have had their Classic stolen?

</font>
Here's some ideas on a quick and easy kill switch that might help on adding theft "resistance". Works like a champ on Miatas - should work on the Nissan though I haven't scoped it out yet.
Dan

http://www.miatanet.com/garage/killswitch.html

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whew,
Another reason not to own a Honda!

I guess it pays to own a sleeper!

·
Registered
883 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Limited Slip:
hahah i think somebody tried to jack my SE-R emblem though... the corner of the "R" is peeled off</font>
lol, they probably thought it said type-r, then noticed it wasent and said screw it.

------------------

Kris94G20™
"clears and stickers, the best bang for your buck"
The Beginning.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I think Se-r arent looked at much but a good thing is not to race the people around ur neighborhood...i know that cuz someone keeps trying to break in but cant....somehow the classics are hard to break into...i asked a thief to try for me thats y.

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SucKit:
somehow the classics are hard to break into...i asked a thief to try for me thats y.</font>
This thief didn't happen to be the local kindergardner was it?
Jk, It must not be that hard to break into cause most of my turbo **** was jacked
Who ever did it, didn't know what they were taking cause they left the majority of the boost controller and just took the controller. What an Idiot.

------------------
Mike.
Turbo Classic, T3/T04e Tial 35mm ".65Bar" Blitz BOV, Custom piping griffen intercooler Core with HK$ EndTanks,custom manifold, 370cc injectors, paxton fpr, Eibach Sportlines, everything else was stolen,:( Pectel coming up bigger Injectors and custom fuel rail. DAMN VILLIANS.

·
Registered
450 Posts
With the one piece lock on the doors it is VERY easy to get into the car without much attention. Mine was broken into by removing the lock on the passenger's side then unlatching the door. I didn't even know until I got into it and say my glove box was open. Actually started it up and tried to turn on the cd changer in the trunk. (It wasn't there). It was a piece of crap. But they got my CDs and my 21mm socket and 24" Craftsman lug/rachet That pissed me of the most!!

------------------
"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SucKit:
I think Se-r arent looked at much but a good thing is not to race the people around ur neighborhood...i know that cuz someone keeps trying to break in but cant....somehow the classics are hard to break into...i asked a thief to try for me thats y.</font>
Yeah, I have 2 pry marks on my sunroof and a broken right door lock from the last break-in on mine. They ended up breaking the glass and cover out of the sunroof. You could tell that they had PLENTY of time cuz they worked hard on my baby before they must have said, "screw it" and broke through the roof. I imagine that if I didn't have a sunroof they would have broken through one of the other windows...

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
nah it wasnt no kindergardener..but thats besides the point...the way that is the easiet is actually to pop off the cylinder with a screw driver and pull it out and turn it once its out...thats what they tried with mine...that automatically opens the door...but as in slim jimming the car or for civics just pushing the door lock button with something its pretty hard comparabily but a crook with time definitely will break in if he wanted to.

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
My car was slim jimmed but it wasnt stolen. Damn bastards took the heart of my car.

------------------

Mike.
Turbo Classic, T3/T04e Tial 35mm ".65Bar" Blitz BOV, Custom piping griffen intercooler Core with HK$ EndTanks,custom manifold, 370cc injectors, paxton fpr, Eibach Sportlines, everything else was stolen,
Pectel coming up bigger Injectors and custom fuel rail. DAMN VILLIANS.

[This message has been edited by PSSSHHHGOESMYSR20 (edited 05-13-2001).]

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
Couple months ago my car was broken into. Popped the passenger door lock and when it didn't work smashed the window. Stole nearly $3000 in stereo gear (Alpine CVA-1005, 624 changer, etc). I was specifically targeted because of the 1005, I know that. To the Classic's credit, they tried to steal the car as there was something in the ignition and scrapes all over the steering column.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hey , good to see another New England list member on the forum. How is the rebuild of your car going by the way?

------------------
Kevin
93 Classic
w/ advanced timing & Stillen POP

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
Hey Kevin
Where were you a couple Sunday's ago when we met at my parent's place?

Actually I just brought it to Nissan, and $2000 later (thank you insurance money) they rewired and rebuild my whole interior, more or less. Few things they missed that I've since repaired myself so my ride is good as new. This past weekend I ripped out my seats and cleaned top to bottom. I'm currently in the early process of planning my leap into the world of surprising stuffy executives in $50,000 cars on Comm. Ave...What's new with your ride?

[This message has been edited by sr20deboston (edited 05-29-2001).]

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hey Matt,
Nothing much new with my car other than the timing advance and the POP filter. I have many things planned but I think I'm gonna wait another year till I graduate before I spend more cash. I still do try to surprise the execs all around town. It's pretty funny to see their reaction

I wish I could have made it to your parents place. I didn't realize that it was going down. I got your first email about it, then the se-r list decided it didn't like me anymore and I haven't been able to get mail from it. WTF!

------------------
Kevin
93 Classic
w/ advanced timing & Stillen POP

1 - 18 of 18 Posts