SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my clutch s slowly going out. It has been this way for awhile now. Lately it has been getting worse. So, I decided to try and replace it real quick today, ha, whatever. I have the JDM motor waiting to go in, but I cannot put it in, until I have my other car fixed, so that I will have some form of transportation. :)

Anyways, so today i figured I would work on just replacing the clutch. This has normally taken me only a few hours on other cars. But my G20 is giving me all sorts of problems. The part I am stuck on now, is trying to get the, control arm? apart from wheel hub, so that I can pull the axle out. Does that make sense? I have tried everything that I can think of, and the damn thing will not pull apart. This is whats really holding me up right now. Does anyone have any tips on what to try? Or do you all think I should just say screw it, and wait until I can put the new motor in? This will be maybe another 2 months or so.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
SCREW IT AND GO HONDA STYLE!!!

·
They're just cones!
1,941 Posts
I thought you could get the axle out on the G20 without taking any front suspension bits apart. I think it just takes the wheel turned all the way, and a little bit of pulling. I guess I'm not too sure it is true, but worth a try.

·
GUPAMF 4 Life
1,240 Posts
You gotta unbolt the two 17 mm bolts that attach to the bottom of the strut and wiggle it free. That's the only way.

Terrin
92 SE-R

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
For the classic...the both sides can be taken out without poping the balljoint...but putting it back in requires you to at least pop out the left side...its pretty easy and can be done in 1/2 hour ofr both sides.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts