SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered this kit about a month ago after reading about it on se-r.net. I finally got around to installing it tonight. I figured it should give me a nice manly blast, since anything ought to be an improvment over the stock horn.. Well boy was a wrong!

My car sounds like a ****ing clown car now! I've let a few friends listen to it and everyone just bursts out laughing. It has to be the most obnoxious high pitched screech I have ever heard.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yeah, it is definetly an annoying sounding. I still have mine on because I live next to Sun City(read: old people galore). I swear I almost get hit by these old people atleast once a week, and the horn that came stock just sucks. With the air horn, I know the old people can hear it, deaf or not.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Why would you want to replace the kick ass stock horn.
Well besides someone being able to actually hear you when you beep your horn, I can't think of another reason.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They might hear me, but they would probably be laughing so hard that they would fail to pay attention and run into me anyways.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
haha yep. I often worry if my horn is loud enough to be heard over the normal noise on the highway.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I'm going to have to disagree to that. I like my hellas on my SER. Sure you get laughs and looks but its totally your opinion. If anything they do help though with the other moronic drivers out there. I'v had hellas on two cars so far and they kick ass. No other horn set sounds like it and when you want to get someones attention you can with some Hellas. On the other hand the triple air horn set is terrible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts