SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small problem with my paint and have had it for some time now. I have a problem with my super black paint turning into super oxidized paint, or it looks like it. I gets a haze on it that can only be cleaned with meguiars paint cleaner. I do not know if this is a common problem with these years or what but it just gets to me when I have to wax my car quite a bit. also, I have a problem with soap sticking to it. when I go wash it, sometimes the soap will just bond to the paint, leaving me cleaning the paint again, do you think that the clearcoat is messed up? 99.9% of the time my car is immaculate and these kind of things tend to get to me. I am a bit obsessive :)

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
When my car was first washed, I noticed some hazy or even oxidized spots on my paint. Took it to the dealer's body shop and they thought it was the previous owner leaving either bird doo doo or tree sap on there for too long without washing it, being all acidic and eating the clearcoat and paint. They offered to "buff it out a little to see if that would work" but then the snow came and I didn't feel like going back. I still may go back, but I'll probably have to get the whole hood repainted. :(

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, my problem covers the whole top of the car. my hood,roof,trunklid and even some of the quarter panels get like that. and I know that the car has never been neglected b/c I bought it with 150 miles on it.

G

·
0 Posts
I would complain to the dealer :) But, in all honesty, black is a very hard color to take car of. My last Nissan was black and always looked like crap. I would wash it and in two days it would be filthy. I learned my lesson and my newer Nissan is gold, which is very low maintanence.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well ya, my car always looks like crap to me,(I am a perfectionist) unless I just washed it and have not even moved it, but even after I wash it there seems to be a real bad haze in some places it almost looks like a super dark grey, not even black,but like always, after I use the cleaner, it looks like you can jump in the paint, crystal clear, no swirlmarks, nothing but pure black paint. oh well, I guess I'll get over it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts