SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if so, for how long?

i usually let mine idle down to 1250 before taking off cuz it usually begins at 1500 when i initally start it if its been sitting for a few hours

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm staight post whoring tonight...

I start it, wait ~30 secs. and drive off. I don't take it above around 4000 RPM till it warms up.

·
Wants Primera Race Motor
2,390 Posts
ever since i did my remote start. Yes, it warms up...unless im in a hurry.lol

·
GT30R'd Up
1,813 Posts
I do about the same but I just don't go over 3k until its normal temperature......I remember back in the days in my dad's old Oldsmobile, MAN WE MUSTA SAT THERE FOR LIKE 10MINS!!! LOL

Allan

·
Registered
947 Posts
I have the techtom, so I wait till 120 degrees before I move, and then I don't take it above 4k until I hit 160 degrees. Unless I'm late for work, then I just try to shift at 3k until it warms up.

·
Registered
470 Posts
well... when it is -4000 outside I usually have to wait 10-20 minutes just for it to start warming up, but right now I wait till the needle starts moving then I keep it under 4k until it hits the dot on the temp gauge.

-t

·
Registered
241 Posts
Lately my car needs a good 15-20 minutes to warm up(for the first start of the day), mainly for the trans. since its been acting up in the cold weather.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Not letting it warm up will kill your gas mileage if you only drive short distances. I got a record low 14mpg in my g20 last week because I was commuting barely over a mile and it was like 10 degrees out. Took it on the highway over the weekend and its back up to 29mpg. I thought something was messed up for sure but nope, just the cold engine wasting gas.

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
30 seconds to get oil in the head. I judge by when I hear the sticky lash adjustor stop ticking. Then taking it easy till the needle moves up.

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
ok so what can happen over a long period of time if you kinda just start it up then take off and drive normally....not that i would do that just asking as a worst case scenario.....TIA

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
I shift low til it warms up to normal operating temp...

·
GT2835R
7,609 Posts
I usually let it warm for maybe 5mins, or until the temp guage is at normal operating temp. My car drives like **** if it isnt warmed up because of the cams. I usually turn it on and let is sit, do something in the house and wait for awhile. When im at work, I go outside, start it, and lock it with the alarm, and take the remote with me leaving the key. I need remote start.

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
When my car was drivable, I'd wait for the needle to get just a little above C before starting to roll it, no matter how long it took. Stomping began right when the needle would reside in the middle of C and H.

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
I wait until the water temp reaches 100* F before moving. After that...I can literally feel the Redline Heavy Shockproof thin out in the tranny. Until it is nice and warm (2-3 miles, minimum), I take it very easy on the tranny.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
I wait about 30 seconds and then I granny drive until it warms up.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts