SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard theories that you'd get BETTER gas mileage with increased timing. My mileage stayed exactly the same when I bumped it up.

------------------
92 NX2000
Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Cams/Flywheel/Street Tires
14.545 @ 95.57 mph

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
only if you drive more aggresive because of the couple extras ponies you just released. i didn't notice an +/- on petro consumption.

------------------
stiletto

99 Sentra SEL platinum gold w/ HS headers and CAI, custom b-pipe, arospeed exhaust, magnecor 8.5mm wires, eibach pro-kit, courtesy nissan frt and rear STB, smc short shifter, greddy knob, jwt clutch, k&n crankcase breather, 17 deg. timing, EL indiglo HVAC, clear corners and taillights and not a single stock bulb.

·
Registered
723 Posts
these things are so trivial and minute... people should stop worrying abotu it... it barely changes performance and gas mileage... or atleast it wont be noticable

·
Team Tool
2,514 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Limited Slip:
these things are so trivial and minute... people should stop worrying abotu it... it barely changes performance and gas mileage... or atleast it wont be noticable</font>
Danm Right! If you "really" want performance then you shouldnt care about the little things like gas mileage

------------------
Russ Knezic
Place Racing CAI,JWT S4 cams and JWT ECU with S4 program, hotshot gen3 header, greddy SP exhaust, KYB AGX's and Ground Controls, Konig Traffiks with Nitto NT555's

Turbo soon!
N/A is not enough

·
Egg Lover
451 Posts
Does advancing timing affect gas mileage?

------------------
93 NX2000 auto, advanced timing, new motor mounts, 99k miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts