SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the Greddy exhaust.The piping on it is 2". I want a little bit more flow for the exhaust (for squeezing purposes).

1.Does anyone make a 2.5" catback exhaust for our car?
2.How much more cheaper would it be to have one custom made (mandrel bends and all)?
3.Does anybody know of any good exhaust shops in S.Cali, especially in San Diego? 4.Oh yeah, I would like someone who wouldn't think twice to make me a straight through/off road pipe.

TIA!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
They have um. Shell Black dyno'd one and 3-5 hp over the setup he had a borla i think? We also had it on king jeffs car and it worked great. Go to se-r.net there is more info there.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by brian:
I know for a 100% fact that we have em'</font>
Well now that you put it that way, how do I go about getting one and how much total to get it shipped here to San Diego?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I saw the commentary on the exhaust. It looks great and the muffler looks sweet. I want! Someone please tell me how to get one of these!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Cruznse-r, Stromung makes a 2 1/2 Stainless steel exhaust for the 91-94
SE-R. Is your Greddy for sale? How much
$$?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CruznSER:
I saw the commentary on the exhaust. It looks great and the muffler looks sweet. I want! Someone please tell me how to get one of these! </font>
Umm... Well... Gee... Me thinks you were supposed to give Courtesy Nissan a call and order one.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I went to a performance exhaust fab place, and I bought a straight through muffler... He bent the pipes for me (yes Manderal) CATBACK and welded everything.. complete for $150... The muffler and tip I bought was $100 total... so I have a 2.5 inch manderal bent custom catback exhaust with aluminized piping for $250.

Check around your area for places that will do it for you... and make sure they manderal bent (not tuffy or midas or some place like that)... you will save a lot of money and get a really nice exhaust. If you live in the detroit area, give me an email, I will give you the shop's info!

~Neeraj

·
Registered
95 Posts
I went to a performance exhaust fab place, and I bought a straight through muffler... He bent the pipes for me (yes Manderal) CATBACK and welded everything.. complete for $150... The muffler and tip I bought was $100 total... so I have a 2.5 inch manderal bent custom catback exhaust with aluminized piping for $250.

Check around your area for places that will do it for you... and make sure they manderal bent (not tuffy or midas or some place like that)... you will save a lot of money and get a really nice exhaust. If you live in the detroit area, give me an email, I will give you the shop's info!

~Neeraj

------------------
1994 SE-R red (Cat-back and HS CAI)
2000 Integra R Black (Cat-back and Vtec...that's enough!)
Both: Faster than Driven97
ooooooooooh

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
yeah, monro muffler said they could do mandrel bends for me, making a custom catback exhaust, but i dont know which muffler would give the best sound?

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
Registered
110 Posts
Let it be known, the Courtesy exhaust is
LOUD AS HELL

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
Does anyone make a stainless steel catback exaust, or can a mufler shop make one?

------------------
Got 5-th gear pop-out problem?(FROM TalkingEAR) http://www.petitiononline.com/44ndone/
Damn it...I want an SE-R...NOW I HAVE ONE!! Bone Stock though...: (

·
Registered
174 Posts
HKS is just about 9mm smaller than 2.5" and is nearly OEM quiet (for an aftermarket exhaust). It however, is not stainless steel.

G

·
My HKS cat-back has 2.5, and I love it. If you do run 2.5 though make sure you leave on your cat unless you have forced induction. Every engine needs a little backpressure to provide good idle and power. w/ a 2.0 the cat isn't needed but 2.5 is too much to not run the cat. I've heard of 3hp losses when you take it off in our cars w/ 2.5 Also, don't listen to ppl's crap about Pacesetter being good. My HKS makes 4hp more than the crapsetter I had and sounds much throatier. Also my HKS did'nt rust into a rustsetter in nine months.

------------------

1 - 20 of 25 Posts