SR20 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey...do any of you gyes know how to attach a Cobra MAF to our sr20de motors?? what all do you need and what all do you need to do?

·
_______
3,640 Posts

You need the maf Ford p#F1SZ-12B579-A,Ford harness p#f43b-14ag14-aa,MSD 50lb/hr injectors p#2013,JWT fuel rail,reprogramed JWT ecu to run the set-up and a soldering iron.

On the 97 ecu the two ground wires from the Ford harness go to the white Nissan maf wire. The +5v feed Ford wire goes to the orange Nissan maf wire. The +12v ford wire goes to the white/red Nissan maf wire. JWT recomends you double check you FSM for the proper order. The colors differ on the Nissan maf wire from MY to MY.

Mike

[Edited by Mike Gosselin (12-07-2000 at 10:47 PM).]

·
_______
3,640 Posts
BTW as far as I know JWT will not program the ECU for just the maf without the injectors or the other way around.

Injectors

Rail

Mike

G

·
0 Posts
where did the rail come from??? did you use 300zx FI's?

also, was there anything else done to the head or block prior to this upgrade? (IE:cams, port/polish rebuilt block?)

lastly, what kind of gains did you get?

very interesting. i've read about this b4, but i think the guy had the s3 cams.

[Edited by 2000SE (12-08-2000 at 10:03 AM).]

·
Registered
858 Posts
Rc engineering will take your stock maf and make it 4 mm bigger and polish it for about 100 or so bucks. also the throttle body. they were one of the first companies to do this. very cheap consideing aftermarket tb and maf prices. about 5-8 hp for TB and 2-4 hp for maf. Just made my throttle response crisper and highway dipping was sweeter!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Rc engineering will take your stock maf and make it 4 mm bigger and polish it for about 100 or so bucks. also the throttle body. they were one of the first companies to do this. very cheap consideing aftermarket tb and maf prices. about 5-8 hp for TB and 2-4 hp for maf. Just made my throttle response crisper and highway dipping was sweeter! and no ECU upgrading needed!

·
_______
3,640 Posts
where did the rail come from??? did you use 300zx FI's?

The rail is the one JWT sells. The injectors are MSD 50lb/hr.

also, was there anything else done to the head or block prior to this upgrade? (IE:cams, port/polish rebuilt block?)

Nope... Its a stock Bluebird DET.

lastly, what kind of gains did you get?

From the stock BBDET 370cc injectors to the MSD's I felt a good improvement. Running 8psi felt like running 10psi. This is just a SOTP eval. So I have no real evedence.

very interesting. i've read about this b4, but i think the guy had the s3 cams.

Turbo mahn....Trubo

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
How many cc's is 50lbs/hr? It like we got 259cc's, then go to 370cc, then jump to 50lbs/hr. How much is that???

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Its somewhere around 555-500 I'm not sure.

Dosen't RC sell the Core for the Injector fuel rail for like $25? well thats what they told me like 2 years ago.....

Really! What dose it look like? The JWT one is a crazy ass $225!

Mike

·
Enemy of the stupid
4,727 Posts
It looks like the Jim Wolfs but diffrent colors. The Guy told me (When I had my SE-R) To take the core to a machine shop with the stock fuel rail an they can mark it and drill the holes for like $50-60. Then u just make your mounts to hold it down.

------------------

G

·
0 Posts
ahhh, a turbo. dammit. thanks for the response mike.

hey redman, what's up with RC Engineering? do they have a site or ph #?

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by redman007:
Rc engineering will take your stock maf and make it 4 mm bigger and polish it for about 100 or so bucks. also the throttle body. they were one of the first companies to do this. very cheap consideing aftermarket tb and maf prices. about 5-8 hp for TB and 2-4 hp for maf. Just made my throttle response crisper and highway dipping was sweeter! and no ECU upgrading needed!</font>
That's not true! Our stock throttle body is HUGE. It's larger than a Mustang GT's!

Boring out your MAF will cause a lean condition without ECU reprogramming, and that is NOT a good thing on a turbo car.

NA there are no gains to be had from the MAF. Mike Kojima proved this on the dyno as has JWT.

------------------

1 - 16 of 16 Posts