SR20 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Place Racing, weapon R and a few others make CAI's for our cars....Where can I pick one up for under say, 150$ delivered? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
For that price you are loooking at a used CAI. You can look at the for sale topic on this forum and also the SE-R.net classifieds. The Place Racing and HS CAI's are the one's to get! Hope this helps!

late,
wes

www.wes.nissanpower.com

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
From what ive heard on the list the hotshot one is slightly ahead of the PR in my book. Ive heard many a problems with PR's build quality and/or fitment issues. The HS one looks really good, and appears they have put alot of time into it. Considering the size of Hotshot they probaly have better machinery to make better products. But there are tons of people with the PR and love them. I know Eric has a second hand one and it looked pretty good, but didnt get to hear or drive it or see it installed. Im actualy considering one now just for another mod. And they are easy to put in. I want pullies but too envolved just to be doing it
unlike the POP or CAI.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the Hot Shots CAI and it is great! The install could not have been easier (about 1 hour for me)It fits perfect and looks great also. I got mine in a very large groupe deal and paid $144 shipped. I dont think you will be seeing that price again though. There is a group deal going on for this right now and it is priced at $175-180 I think.

MarC

·
Registered
496 Posts
Definitely go HOTSHOT. I had both, first the Place and now HOTSHOT. HOTSHOT chromes theirs and it doesn't peel off like the Place does. Also John Spangler at Hotshot will defnitely back his product it something doesn't fit or anything goes wrong (which it hasn't). Also you can get the Wolf POP adapter and if you have a post 96 an air temp sensor fitting.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all your input!! This is the first SE-R I've owned(last car was a 95 Probe GT), and it's great to have some opinions from those that have them installed on their cars. I'd heard that Place Racing was the best one out there....I didn't even know that Hotshot made a CAI for this application! Wes, Than you for the advice! I had looked in the SE-R.net site many times before, but they don't have anything new to put in it. Does anyone know where I can pick up a Hot shot(besides this site)CAI?

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Its not often that i would defend Place Racing, but I dont want any misinformation out there. The PRCAI used to be painted, and some people had the paint actually peel off inside the CAI. They are now powdercoated and it doesn't have any problems.

But I thinks PR's customer service SUCKS.

·
Registered
858 Posts
yup they're powder coated now and feel and sound great! I think it's preety much the same **** as the hotshot. they're both good.I think PR is cheaper in price though.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So what is the difference(if any) between the PR and Hotshot CAI's in performance, installation, and $? Also, how involved is it to install a set of headers? And(last thing, promise)to those who DO have headers, have you had problems with the header bolts backing out or did you use like Stage 8 bolts?Thanks AGain!!!

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
no, the header takes about 2 hours to do (well, me taking my time) and just used the stock bolts. I believe that the installation on both intakes is about the same, they are about the same, just personal prefrance, thats all. pr,pr,pr

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks alot 200sx-ser! That web site was cool! That probably the cheapest price I'm ever going to see on a CAI!!!I guess it's Hotshot for me.....

·
Registered
254 Posts
CAI - HS - great quality, good performance, good service.

Header - AEBS - great quality, decent service, excellent performance, retorqued once for good measure.

CB

1 - 17 of 17 Posts