SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Jesus shaved
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...take your money before they send back a reprogrammed ECU? Everything I hear says they take like 5 or 6 months to reprogram ECU's, and that would be really weak if they charged you the 500+ dollars six months before you even got the finished product.

·
Registered
415 Posts
they require a downpayment and they take a while but mines was about 2mths and thats with overseas shipping involved and they also said they had some racing going on so it would have taken longer than normal

·
Rebuilding the W11:P
1,114 Posts
If I remember right, they didn't charge my cc until my ecu was shipped.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Do you have to send your actual ECU, or is there a core charge? Don't know about you, but I can't be without my car for 2-6 months waiting for them to send me my ECU.

·
GT2835R
7,609 Posts
CapoDiTuttiCapi said:
Do you have to send your actual ECU, or is there a core charge? Don't know about you, but I can't be without my car for 2-6 months waiting for them to send me my ECU.
Yes, they program your actual ecu. Buy a spare incase its your daily driver.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Good info. I think I've seen them on ebay real cheap. Now, all I need is the $$$ to finish modding so I only have to do one re-program.....

nizzan4u2nv said:
Yes, they program your actual ecu. Buy a spare incase its your daily driver.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
When I ordered a JWT ECU (S3/S4 cam program) back in 2000, I was charged the price of the ECU plus a core charge. I received the ECU, amazingly, during the same week. I shipped them my stock ECU and received my core refund the following week.

·
Registered
581 Posts
This would make sense to me. I imagine that a core charge would be an available option. As good as JWT is, they need to realize that people need ECU's in their cars.....

RollcageSR20 said:
When I ordered a JWT ECU (S3/S4 cam program) back in 2000, I was charged the price of the ECU plus a core charge. I received the ECU, amazingly, during the same week. I shipped them my stock ECU and received my core refund the following week.

·
Master Cunnilingust
4,713 Posts
I think sr20development sells JWT ECU's and you only send your core to them after you get a reprogrammed one. Good idea, but considering their reputation, I wouldn't give them $.01.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Toolapcfan said:
I think sr20development sells JWT ECU's and you only send your core to them after you get a reprogrammed one. Good idea, but considering their reputation, I wouldn't give them $.01.
I bought a JWT ECU (standard POP program) for my (former) NX through SR20DEvelopment. If you want to hear my story, send me a PM. It's not as bad as other stories posted about them, but it is just as shady.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts