SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at ser.net and reading through SCC's Project 200SX SE-R and one of the statement kinda bugged me. Here it is...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">After driving Project SE-R, the tubing of PR's air intake is cool to the touch even when everything else under the hood is baking hot.</font>
I don't about you guys, but mine is as hot as the valve cover. Well, not really, but it sure isn't "cool to the touch". I think Naji's CAI Wrap would help. Does anybody's PR CAI actually stay cool or is SCC BS-ing us.

------------------
96 200SX SE-R
Sportline Springs, PR CAI, HKS Exhaust
http://photos.yahoo.com/sr20ser

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SERacer:
I was at ser.net and reading through SCC's Project 200SX SE-R and one of the statement kinda bugged me. Here it is...

I don't about you guys, but mine is as hot as the valve cover. Well, not really, but it sure isn't "cool to the touch". I think Naji's CAI Wrap would help. Does anybody's PR CAI actually stay cool or is SCC BS-ing us.

</font>

Thats because you are toutching it at idle. Touch it after you come off the highway or some steady driving. That sucker is cool.

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SERacer:

</font>
The air is moving through the tube to fast for it change the temp anyway.

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, Courtesy Exhaust, and Pretty looking pedals and shift knob

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
It depends where you touch the CAI. The primary (pipe closest to the throttle body) gets hot due to the engine being under it. The secondary stays cooler since it is further away from the engine. Do this: drive your car for a while and then pop the hood and touch the secondary close to the filter and then gradually move up. you will find that the closer you get to the throttle body, the hotter the CAI.

At this weekend track event the techtom registered 135 deg F for intake temperature. Ofcourse that was after 4 session on a road course 20 minutes each. The temp outside was 100 deg F. And that was with a wrapped CAI.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

·
0 Posts
My PVC stays kinda cool.
Hell, the damn thing is like 1/4 inch thick.
Thats got to block off SOME heat!

------------------

-

[This message has been edited by 94_REDSE-R (edited 08-15-2001).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts