SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove my car for the first time since Monday today, easily breaking loose in all gears on the cold, sometimes snowy, pavement. I was driving "very gently" as I need to on the snow, but I was still breaking loose at 1500 RPM in every gear. I drove home tonight with NO traffic and I watch my boost gauge as I was accelerating. DOH! I was boosting! I then drove quite unnaturally giving it just a tinch of gas and keeping the same light-ass throttle position just letting the engine rev ever so slowly staying in vacuum. WOW! I can keep gears to at least 4k without breaking loose! It's VERY tough to keep the boost gauge below zero above 2k though. Such delicate, unnatural throttle modulation is necessary. I may be accelerating SLOW, but at least I'm not spinning thru 5 gears.

Ben Davis
needing boost controller set to ZERO

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

G

·
i am dumb.
wouldn't a wastegate turned all the down fix that???

i am dumb.

------------------
1993 NX2000
with stuff.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well yes, but would have to be OPEN all the time. The only thing I can do without a boost controller is disconnect the wastegate line, which would just INCREASE the boost, and kill my motor, if not the turbo too. I have no way to keep the wastegate open all the time.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Haha, that post reminds me of a local idiot on the pike (our cruise spot) with a talon who drives with his waste gate wide open all the time. The car sounds terrible and probably blew up by now. The guy also thinks boost controllers are bad for your car. For an air filter he uses panty hose. I'm not joking which is the sad part.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
In his post it talks about his boost controller. He just said he needs to have it set at 0.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">needing boost controller set to ZERO</font>
means I NEED a boost controller and I need to set it to zero

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts