SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Things are set in motion...the DET + many other goodies will be shipped on Monday arriving either Wednesday or Thursday.

What I have coming:
BB SR20DET
JWT Turbo ECU
2.5" downpipe
Intercooler relo kit
various gauges (boost, H2O temp, oil pressure)
Redline 90-250 tranny oil

What I need still:
new driver's side axle (one on car now is going)
water pump (?)
3" exhaust

Anything else I'm missing??? We're planning to do the swap Nov 2 and 3 so I still have time to pick up some stuff and do other prep work. I'm getting anxious to know what it feels like to have 200whp at all times....hehehe. Wish me luck!

------------------
Antonio Garcia
91 SE-R w/ lots of stuff
a slow [email protected] on JWT 50 shot
Bay Area, CA

[This message has been edited by AntonioG (edited 10-18-2001).]

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PNWser:
Clutch?
Flywheel resurfaced?
Couple hundred dollars of "oh ****" money.
Stuff happens =(
</font>
Already have a JWT PP + stock disk. I'm sure this will hold on stock boost. As for the flywheel, I'm putting in a ZEX 10.5lb unit.

Any other tips?

------------------
Antonio Garcia
91 SE-R w/ lots of stuff
Bay Area, CA

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
Motor mounts, the stockers are gonna go fast. There is a chance yours might not come with the turbo to MAF hose, you might need to make something, I would also replace the water pump while the motor is out. The swap is pretty easy over all.
Good luck!

Andy

------------------
93 NX2K
some stuff and a DET
"project street mod?"
1988 BMW M3 w/ a few toys

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Antonio you champ! lol...yeah I talked to Chris and SR20 and got the lowdown on my motor and stuff...man... I thought I was gonna get away with spending around 2 grand...boy was I wrong. But hey its cool...yeah you guys gotta do a bad ass job on the install so We can do mine! he,he,he but yeah count me in doode on your install..I'll be there.

------------------
96 200sx Rice Mobile! Bone Stock..he,he,he

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RacerX:
Motor mounts, the stockers are gonna go fast. There is a chance yours might not come with the turbo to MAF hose, you might need to make something, I would also replace the water pump while the motor is out. The swap is pretty easy over all.
Good luck!

Andy

</font>
Already have the ES full set! I'm sure all the stuff I'll need will be coming, as I got the DET from Chris at SR20 Development. I think I am fully prepared, but I just remembered that I will be needing a battery relo kit and axle seals!

Damn! The "little" stuff adds up quick! Oh well, it'll all be worth it though!

Wish me luck everyone...and if anyone is in the Bay Area that would be interested in coming over and witnessing this transformation, email me...you're more than welcome!

------------------
Antonio Garcia
91 SE-R w/ lots of stuff
Bay Area, CA

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Soopastank:
Antonio you champ! lol...yeah I talked to Chris and SR20 and got the lowdown on my motor and stuff...man... I thought I was gonna get away with spending around 2 grand...boy was I wrong. But hey its cool...yeah you guys gotta do a bad ass job on the install so We can do mine! he,he,he but yeah count me in doode on your install..I'll be there.

</font>
Hell yeah! Man, I can't wait to get that thing in! It's gonna be great...we're gonna have some fast ass SR20s up in NorCal...you, me, Luis, Sherman, Larry, and Ron once he gets his car back together. It's going to be an awesome scene when all of us are kicking ass at Sears Point when it gets remodeled...hehehe.

------------------
Antonio Garcia
91 SE-R w/ lots of stuff
Bay Area, CA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts