SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering has anybody else ever tried putting their car into gear while parked without pushing the clutch in? When i was getting out of my car tonite for some reason I decided to try it and I could go into all of the gears easily excecpt 1rst. Is this normal? Thanks guys!

------------------
96 200sx Rice Mobile! Bone Stock..he,he,he

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
it is very normal...you can actually do that while the car is moving also...you just have to match a certain rpm with a certain tire speed for a certain gear. I just wouldnt recommend it since if you don't get it right you grind.

-saaby

[This message has been edited by Saaby (edited 10-06-2001).]

·
Registered
521 Posts
My car does this going from 4-5 gear but none of the other gears,when the engine is off it will go into all the gears.

------------------
1991 NX2000 W/SR20DET SWAP,HKS filter,3" EXHUAST,E.S. BUSHINGS, act clutch, blitz turbo timer, boost controller

NX 1600 INTAKE,AND EXHUAST

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey got another observation for you guys?? Anybody ever just turn your steering wheel as far left or right as possible? When I do this in my 96 and hold it there I hear a little whiring noise. Never noticed my power steering make that noise before. But with my Greddy I can't really hear any of my cars "little" noises. I kinda afraid to hear all the "little noises when I get that muffler taken off...man. It also seems to be a little louder on the passenger side. (this observation was made from the driver seat of my car.)

------------------

·
Guanaco Tuner
3,049 Posts
dude.. first time driving?
Maybe your NOS solenoids are leaking
hehehe.

Luis
93 Classic.. sssssss

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
>>Soopastank Just wondering has anybody else ever tried putting their car into gear while parked without pushing the clutch in?

if you mean while the engine is off...yea i've done that before. before i got my license!
i used to sit in my parent's cars and pretend to drive somewhere...until i decided to teach myself how to drive it for real ( i was 13, do i get a cookie?)

>>Soopastank hey got another observation for you guys?? Anybody ever just turn your steering wheel as far left or right as possible? When I do this in my 96 and hold it there I hear a little whiring noise

i think just about every car with power steering makes that noise. i believe that would be the power steering pump.

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies guys..yeah just some little shiet I never really bothered to notice. As for you Luis...shaddup foo!

------------------

1 - 8 of 8 Posts