SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It just started last week, but now when i start the car my doors lock. The only thing that might be related to this is a few weeks ago I was playing with my power door lock switch since it didn't seem to work properly so I was rapidly locking and unlocking the door. I wonder if I activated a code so that the doors lock on start up? Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
188 Posts
You might just have a short somewhere. My car has been locking at sporadic intervals whether it is on or not; I just need to dig around in the wiring and see what is happening.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I had this problem when i left my windows down in the rain. The water shorted the circuit and kept locking the doors. It could just be wet from rain or condensation. Or it could simpy be shorted.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you guys are probably right - I did leave my windows cracked overnight and it rained and the whole door panel was wet. I'll have to open it up and make sure everything is dry...thanks!!

·
They're just cones!
1,941 Posts
It only rains when I leave my sunroof open. If I never opended it, Michigan would be a desert.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Wow that's awesome, tell your insurance you have an auto-lock safety feature and I see $20 a month in your future!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts