SR20 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me first start by introducing my self. My name is Marc, and this is my first post to this forum. (looks good by the way) Anyways, this is my question. How do I go about taking the door skin off to change the speakers? (200sx)I saw on se-r.net about the rear deck, But could not find anything about the doors. TAI

Marc
200sx SE-R
New Jersey

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Yup. Piece of cake. I can do it in like 3 minutes flat now :) with all the speaker trouble I've been having :(

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
and remember, the speaker is REAL thin, so watch out what you buy, or you might not be able to roll down your window all of the way. I think you have a depth allowance of somewhere in the neighborhood of 2.25 inches.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I have JBL power series 6.5" all around.
I highly recommend them if you can find them, I got mine form crutchfield. $150/pr.

I've never found any normal brand (kenwood, pioneer, clarion, jvc, even sony) that sounded all that good. You might look into jl audio or polk.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I like my boston pros, but some people might not want to blow a wad of cash on speakers.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i run all infiniti kappas in my car. sound great but if you go this route you really almost have to amp them as your head will not have enough power to make them sound nearly as good as they can. the one downfall to kappas is they are expensive. my front 4x6's were 130 and my rear components were 300 (after i confused the salesman enough to take 120 bucks off). but i like them and they are worth it to me.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well Im an Infinity and Polk fan I like clairity in my speakers. I dont care about thumping bass or anything like that I like clairity and refineness. A little bass is needed to round out a system tho.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Boston Acoustic Ralleye Seperates work almost as good as the pros for half the price (though I do miss that tweeter!) Still, a very warm, crisp sound.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, but the rally is actually thicker than the pro, I could only fit a 5.25 rally in the door w/ a spacer and I got a 6.5 pro in there right now.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Has anyone had a problem with the doors vibrating, or the plastic making noise? I run 6.5" co-axials with a punch 60 hooked to them, and they vibrate the door sometimes. Annoying! Has anyone used dynomat, or the equivalent?

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
yeah i have that problem with my door vibrating too i only have 4 and a 1/4 jbl in my front doors, i think the rattling on my car (a 92 nx2000) is coming from around the door handles were they screew in, i did have dynomat in my car but i found it to be a pain in the ass every time i was playing with my speekers so i just chucked it, it didnt make any difrents, so i think the only way to fix that rattle in the door is to use some fome tape and place it were the door panal come in contact with the door that would probly fix it.
i havnt goten around to doing it my self i have bin to lazy and i also have two 12 inch subs so my hole car vibrates and makes noise

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
1.5 years? really, any kind of spacers or anything? do you have a classic? maybe the 98s are a little diffrent then the other ones? I don't know, but I could not fit the rallies in with the windows down.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Perhaps the 98's are different, because I didn't have any problems getting them in. There is NO spare room, but nothing is rubbing. And no problems with vibrating doors, either. Rear deck speakers tend to vibrate, though(mainly the speaker grills).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts