SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, since its a new forum and all, I'll go ahead and post a new topic.

I'm going to the track tomorrow. Gotta see if I can match my prior best of 15.7. Things that have changed: No more CAI, just a POP charger, New tires. Kum Hoes instead of my walmart blue light special tires. What do you guys launch at with the 712's? I always revved up to 4k and dumped the clutch with the old tires. Don't know how these will do.. I'll see..

OH YEAH.. Storm.. did you go to the track last weekend like you said you were??

·
Registered
858 Posts
at 4000 rpm don't you get wheelspin ,the enemy of fast times?

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Storm, have you gone to the track since the pulleys?

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
i have kuhmo powermax II's and i launch at 3500...minimal wheelspin

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When at I launched at 4k all the other times, I'd get some spin up until redline, then it grabbed. That netted some 2.2x's with cheap tires. I also had VERY bad wheelhop doing that too. I forgot that I added ES motor mounts, so that should get rid of the wheel hop.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
The Kumho 712s are AWESOME for straightline traction. With my old Toyo Proxy T1 tires with the turbo my tires would like light up in smoke. With these tires at 7psi I could launch HARD in 1st and keep traction ALL THE WAY TO REDLINE in first, unless I launched way to high and then they lit up in smoke. But a a 3500rpm launch with a TURBO and keeping traction? With those tires and my Quaife differential, who needs slicks!

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO and crashed 93 NX2000

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Here's what a 5,200 rpm clutch drop, on Nitto drag radials @ 15psi, will do for you:

Of course, I did knock down a 1.98 and 1.99 60-foot time two weeks ago

If you wanna' see what the lauch is like, just click on over to my website (link below), and watch the 1/8 mile drag racing video, shot in-car.

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, JWT pop, header, ProActive
clutch, ST bar, NOS direct-port 75hp, Autopower 4-point roll bar/harnesses.
[email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Hmmm... I got a 2.148 60 ft on my Toyos while still stock... I need to get back to that track now

·
Registered
419 Posts
drop it between 3400-3700.....that's what i did at the track work just fine....15.5 1/[email protected] a 1992 se-r might want go little higher if it is 1995 and up it's heavier.....hope i can help

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by redman007:
Storm, have you gone to the track since the pulleys?</font>
Yes and the track sucked. No traction. 2.450 60' foots. Horrible. I ran a 15.5 with a 2.434 60 foot. Absolutely terrible. But it shows you what the car could do with say a 2.2 60'

------------------
Stormy
'98 SE w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies....in need of a JWT ECU

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well.. nothing spectacular last night. [email protected] was the best time for the night. The track seemed kinda slippery. I'd launch low and the tires would spin, then I'd bog down. Launch high.. spin and spin. My best 60 was a 2.39. It was high 90's low 100's with humidity in the 20%. Nothing great, but I'm not surprised by these times either. Oh well.. just need my boost now.

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Toddles and Jacen;

The 'thing' that ran the 12-second 1/8 mile was, alas, a 4-door Toyota Camry, four cylinder.
The very same one that beat me in the final round, winning 3x the money I did.
That's the thing about bracket racing...doesn't matter what you got, as long as you can drive it.
That .536 light of his is pretty standard for this guy: He beat me in the final round with a .532 light.
I'm taking my '97 Pathfinder next time: automatic, consistent.....slow. Perfect bracket car

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
WhiteSER did you feel a difference with the ES motor mounts. Let me know if you did because I am honestly thinking about getting them. I get real bad wheel hop when I run at the track. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, the ES mounts nearly eliminated the wheel hop. It only happened once, but that was when I launched WAY high. Normal launches it was solid. I say get them.

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
What mounts are best? JWT, Place Racing, or ES???

------------------
Greg Taylor
96 SE-R w/ stuff
"Walk tall and carry a big stick..."

·
Registered
94 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
Yes and the track sucked. No traction. 2.450 60' foots. Horrible. I ran a 15.5 with a 2.434 60 foot. Absolutely terrible. But it shows you what the car could do with say a 2.2 60'

</font>
What was your trap speed on those runs, and what's your "race weight?"

By the way, I thought you had an SE-R? I just noticed that your ClubSi signature reads "SE-R" instead of "SE."

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
No offense taken. It happens all the time in bracket racing, unfortunately.
I *do* have an even funnier timeslip to post from last Saturday. I'm sure no one will be able to duplicate this:

60-ft: 2.04
1/8 ET: 22.xx seconds
1/8 speed: 17mph

That is what your timeslip looks like when the coil wire pops off at the 100-foot mark and you coast, in disgrace, to the end of the track. Then, you get towed off, thinking you blew an axle or fried the clutch or whatever.
*Then* you get back to your pit, and with everyone and their brother looking at your car to see what is wrong, and your heart sinking by the second, you open the hood and see the little coil wire, one that has NEVER popped off, nooooo, not in 149,000 miles, sitting there dangling, laughing its ass off at you all the while.
That's when you get a big 'ol zip-tie out and secure that wire like the little bitch it is.
NOW come off, little wire....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts