SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going to the drags at e-town and wondering if any of you nos guys ever squeeze on first gear? since the track is a little slippery compared to the street. 60 shot on street tires.

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
I always hit the throttle switch just *before* the 60-ft lights in first gear. That usually determines how the run is going to go: Either the Nitto drag radials stick (and it's a good run with a nice 1.9 60-ft time), or they spin, and my et suffers.

On street tires? Tough call. Bring your pressures down to around 22 or so. Get in the 'groove' of sticky rubber (not the shiny part). Wind 'er up and let 'er fly!

Just depends on the track condition. Good luck!

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
Redman...I'm pretty sure you got the JWT setup. I ran the JWT .036" jet on street tires at the drags and nailed a high 2.1 60' time using SP8000s 195-55-14. I launched at around 3k rpms with switch to NOS mode. Once the tires hooked, I floored it and you know the rest!
Oh and btw, that time I did in my sig was with the timing at 10 degrees! I'm not sure if that had an effect on my launch though.

Good luck!

------------------
Antonio Garcia
91 SE-R w/ lots of stuff
a slow [email protected] on JWT 50 shot
Bay Area, CA

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sweet.well with my jwt 50 shot I have a .o38 jet and don't detonate still but when I race ,I raise my fpr to 40-41 psi and holy ****. totally better squeeze but timing has to be dead nuts 15. thats a 60 -65 shot according to nos.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header, ACT HDS/S clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2"OD test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4"ID superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

·
Registered
194 Posts
redman, i always use nitrous in first gear. i launch at about 3300 on street tires using about 80% throttle, wait till i hook up good, then i mash the pedal. yes, it does break the tires loose...(instant 50 hp boost!)...but when i do this, by modulating the throttle back and forth, plus with our limited slip, i'm still pulling good. when using this technique, i've managed a best of a 2.16 60' on 225/40/16 yokohamas running at about 25 psi.

i've tried to launch, hook up, then flick the nitrous switch, then shift to second....i was too slow! i banged off the rev limiter 3 times! :-(

hope this info helps.
later

Bryan
1996 200sx se-r
pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, JWT intake, ES motor mounts and control arm bushings, stock o.e. muffler, stock o.e. manifold, JWT 50 shot, that's about it
14.1 @ 99 MPH on street tires

[This message has been edited by nitrous_50 (edited 10-18-2001).]

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if I get anywhere in the mid 14's I'll be happy the car is running great so we'll see.thanks guys

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header, ACT HDS/S clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2"OD test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4"ID superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts