SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help...for a nitrous 70-80shot application. Has anyone tried BFG drag radials in 205/50 or 225/50 15s? Or MT Slicks 22x8.0x15? The 205/50s are just a tad bit shorter than stock. The slicks have a diameter of 22", considerably shorter than 205/50s. Even though the slicks might have a better compound, would the slicks hurt top end? Would 225/50s be overkill? What would you guys recommend? Thanks...

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fred99sr20:
Need some help...for a nitrous 70-80shot application. Has anyone tried BFG drag radials in 205/50 or 225/50 15s? Or MT Slicks 22x8.0x15? The 205/50s are just a tad bit shorter than stock. The slicks have a diameter of 22", considerably shorter than 205/50s. Even though the slicks might have a better compound, would the slicks hurt top end? Would 225/50s be overkill? What would you guys recommend? Thanks... </font>
For the track only run the slicks hands down. They are much less violent on the car and hook way better than a drag radial. Drag radials good as they may be are a compromise, and a drag slick is a dedicated drag tire.

The 22"'s actually come in just under 23" tall when mounted.

I went [email protected] on a 50 shot using those very slicks.

Do a big fat 2nd gear burnout with the slicks, and life will be good. (Roll into waterbox, put the car in second, rev it up and let it go)

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Wow, I never knew you should do the waterbox thing like that. Do you put the e-brake on when you finally get in the waterbox? Or does your forward motion stop due to the slight dip that is the waterbox?

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ben98SentraSE:
Wow, I never knew you should do the waterbox thing like that. Do you put the e-brake on when you finally get in the waterbox? Or does your forward motion stop due to the slight dip that is the waterbox?</font>
Yup, pull in, yank the e-brake, second gear, let it rip. It spins really easy and will give you a big smokey burnout.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SORRY, one more question...

What's a good starting point(tire pressure) when inflating drag slicks? 13-15psi?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts